IVV1: The Forgotten Map [orsal judging]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Karl is on edge as he has a healthy respect for anything that can directly hurt him, like shocker lizards, so he is quaite the twitchy guy right now ...

1d20+2=19

orsal

LEW Judge
I'm trying to figure out your formation before seeing the lizards -- once I do, I'll tell you where exactly they are. Three columns, 30' apart. Does the arrangement below seem plausible? Babette is holding the cage. BTW, who is carrying the map? That might be important a little later.
Code:
  Karl  Razengrul    Oskar
Vindala  Lerrin      Dianna
         Babette

Initiatives:
Lizards 24
Lerrin 20
Karl 19
Babette 19
Vindala 17
Oskar 13
Razengrul 9
Dianna 8

orsal

LEW Judge
I reviewed again -- if I understand correctly, you left the map with Halina from the temple of her eponymous goddess. So you're not carrying it right now. But my big problem now is figuring out what spells Lerrin can cast. He doesn't have anything listed on his character sheet. Oh, there, post 307. Nothing useful right now.

The lizards appear 25-30' in front of your middle flank. You're in a large patch of brush, which hampers movement (slowed by half) and visibility somewhat. Once they get scared out into your view, they turn and begin running away from you.

Lerrin delays, not sure what he can contribute right now, but flirts with the woman in front of him. "Great plan, sweetiepie."

Karl chases after the lizards, hoping to get on the other side, but soon realizes they're moving faster than he.

Babette casts her spell. Both lizards are blinded for the next 4 rounds.

Vindala also moves ahead. She and Karl are well to the left of the lizards, and behind them, while Babette, holding the cage, is in the middle group.

Oskar, meanwhile moves forward on the right flank.

Razengrul throws another rock, aiming behind the lizards and to the right, in order to scare them toward Vindala and Karl. Lerrin, realizing that's something he can do too, fires a stone with his sling, aiming for the space behind them.

Dianna runs up on the right, the only one who can remotely keep up with the lizards.

Round 2: The lizards, undeterred by the stones, continue to scamper away from you. What do you do now?

Scott DeWar

OOC: which way is the wind blowing? if it is from Karl to the lizards, he will cut himself for 1 point on his left palm, hoping the lizards will be attracted to the smell of "food"

orsal

LEW Judge
OOC: which way is the wind blowing? if it is from Karl to the lizards, he will cut himself for 1 point on his left palm, hoping the lizards will be attracted to the smell of "food"

[checks d8] The wind is blowing from the left, so Karl is upwind, but not directly upwind.

Heckler

First Post
ooc: Babette will move forward and if the lizards are in range (35') she'll Grease (REF 14) the area in front of them. Otherwise she'll just try to keep up and be ready to set the cage up when needed.

Scott DeWar

OOC: I am sorry orsal. I am having a bit of troouble visuleing this. which way from your listing of the people present in the previous post (403) which way are the shocker lizards from babbett? (i think you said she is infront of the cage)

orsal

LEW Judge
Here's a map:
Code:
.....s.....
.....s.....
K..........
V.........D
..........O
.....R.....
.....L.....
.....B.....
Capital letters are character initials; s=shocker lizard. BTW, I goofed about Dianna's speed. She's wearing hide armour, so she's no faster than the non-dwarves among you, and slower than the lizards.

Apologies for the delay. I've finally compiled the important stats into a spreadsheet, so I should be able to handle all required info more quickly from now on.

Remove ads