IVV1: The Forgotten Map [orsal judging]

Gobletchica

First Post
Melodramatic Crane said:
Vindala smiles as she sees the group, and replies to Oskar’s words "You don’t have to be so serious all the time, let the kids dream. Who knows, sometimes dreams come true"

Dianna nods in agreement with Vindala. She ribbits once more for the children before turning her attention back to the situation at hand.

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
The children all laugh at the ribbits.

"You can all go adventuring in the yard or upstairs. And no throwing rocks!"

"There's goblins in a cave upstairs!" calls Tagrin, as he rushes up. Garrold the Swordsman, a large boy with possibly some orc blood, follows behind him.

Rhiana shakes her head as she heads up with them. Morlan turns to face the group, clearly wanting to stay. He inhales, salutes Oskar, and joins his party.

"They've certainly gotten excited at seeing all of you."

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
Karl was moping about since seeing the girl with one eye, but at watching them be humored by such a minor gesture by his fellow pary members, there seems to be a weight lifted from his sholders. Vindala's words seem to affect him and a smile curls again on his lips.

"So what do we need to do next?" he asks, looking at Oskar, who seems to be leading the group.

Edit:

]OOC[ : in the recent past i have had trouble with the invisible castle sight...i have tried a number to attempts to fix my setting and nothing worked...however!...i don't have a clue why, but it is working just fine now...so i wont need anyone to roll on IC for me! ]/OOC[

Last edited:

thegreyman

First Post
ooc: I think we either need to wait for the nice lady to cast it, or find Lily a scroll. I think it would be better for the Halinite to cast it, although Lily might disagree... :p

jaker2003

Explorer
Oskar passes the map around so each of his companions can have a good look at it. "Can anyone glean something from the repaired map?"
Oskar turns back to Halina, "I think we will need you to translate the text for us. We will come back this evening for that service." Oskar gives a respectful nod and then turns to leave the temple, emerging out on the harbor streets.

Oskar waits there for his companions to join him. He looks like a guard standing on the street, and he watches for anyone who might vandalize the nearby buildings. [Sense Motive +4]

Scott DeWar

Prof. Emeritus-Supernatural Events/Countermeasure
]ooc[ my character does not speak gnoll, so he is cluless as to the information, but maybe a knowledge local to recognize any landmarks?]/ooc[

Karl will gaze at the map as it is passed around, concentrating on any possible landmarks

Knowledge Local : Knowledge, local (1d20+4=11)

he will also try to guess what is written on the map:

Decipher Script : Decipher script (1d20+4=8)

he seems to be looking a bit crosseyed, though

InVinoVeritas

Adventurer
The more Possum studies the map, the more worried she gets. She sees what should be coastline, but it doesn't match anywhere she has heard of. There are cities scattered around, indicating a large area, but they are in canyons, at the peaks of mountains, in the middle of the sea... and the eight circles, in two lines of four, appear suspended above them all, connected, and are somehow the key to the ARTIFACT HERE beneath one of them. And the scrawling all over, in some strange, savage script, follows the contours of the land in some cases, and completely ignores them in others. The map could be the work of a madman.

Karl looks at the writing. He recognizes the writing, now, as Gnoll. He sees one city's name: Oruxx, Gnollish for Orussus. The city is apparently submerged under the sea.

The map does not reveal any further secrets with the party's present knowledge.

Oskar heads outside. A nearby fishing boat has pulled into port, and people are busy unloading the catch. Carts with wares are being pushed around, some leaving, others arriving. A couple of vagrants watch the goods as they pass--perhaps a bit hungrily, but not with any clear attempt at theft.

jaker2003

Explorer
InVinoVeritas said:
Oskar heads outside. A nearby fishing boat has pulled into port, and people are busy unloading the catch. Carts with wares are being pushed around, some leaving, others arriving. A couple of vagrants watch the goods as they pass--perhaps a bit hungrily, but not with any clear attempt at theft.
Oskar walks over to the vagrants, and deposits a silver piece into a hand of both. "Why don't you go get something to eat?"
If the men do not leave, Oskar will put an edge of authority in his voice and say, "Why don't you go get something to eat NOW."

If the men leave as Oskar intended, he will continue to the pier where the fishing boat has moored. Oskar speaks to the first sailor on the boat (or tying the ship to the pier, whichever comes first), "I'm looking for a fisherman named Vaxson, do you know where I can find him?"

Vindala says "Farewell for now, I hope we weren’t to much trouble, and have a nice day" and leaves to accompany Oskar. While she leaves she attempts to make an unnoticed donation of 5 silver pieces, in a place she feels it would be found.

ooc: is a sight of hand check needed?

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases