Wizards: We want Class Power decks

Kunimatyu

First Post
Now that we know most of a class's options are contained within its powers, I'd like to see Wizards make decks of cards for each class with each core power present. Expansion books (like Martial Power) would have associated decks as well.

I don't want D&D to turn into a full-fledged card game, but being able to put my powers in front of me on the battlemat, and then "tap" or turn face-down per-encounter or per-day powers would be really nice.

Wormwood

Adventurer
Kunimatyu said:
Now that we know most of a class's options are contained within its powers, I'd like to see Wizards make decks of cards for each class with each core power present.
My very first thought upon seeing the preview was, "I'm definitely printing these out on cards".

Snarls-at-Fleas

First Post
Right now I use cards in my 3.75 homebrew and it's good, but sometimes people get confused with their cards, sometimes they lose them (where is my Whirlwind!? :) ), sometimes they spend too much time skimming through them.
But still cards are very good - no book flipping, no checking/unchecking boxes and so on.
So I second the idea.

Khairn

First Post
The idea of class power decks (for wizards and other classes) seems a perfect fit for how WotC is developing the future of D&D. I can easily see how limited or rare powers might become even "collectable". Great marketing possibilities.

Dragonblade

Adventurer
Devyn said:
The idea of class power decks (for wizards and other classes) seems a perfect fit for how WotC is developing the future of D&D. I can easily see how limited or rare powers might become even "collectable". Great marketing possibilities.

HELL NO! I am very pro 4e, but if WotC turns D&D into a CCG, I'm OUT.

A deck of power cards would be cool as an accessory. And ONLY an accessory.

Powers should always be fully printed in books. If I have to buy a deck of cards to get all the powers I need to play a class, then I officially turn against 4e.

Wormwood

Adventurer
Dragonblade said:
If I have to buy a deck of cards to get all the powers I need to play a class, then I officially turn against 4e.
Of course---and I agree with you.

But since this scheme only exists in the fertile imaginations of forum posters, I wouldn't lose any sleep over it.

Ulthwithian

First Post
Dragonblade: I honestly don't think anyone was seriously suggesting such a thing. There is a way to make something collectible without going the CCG route. You could get the 'normal' cards, but then produce a limited-print 'full card art' Fireball power, e.g. Another wonderful possibility would be to do something like WoW TCG Hero cards, with art and ability on one side, and just the art on the other.

In any event, I'm a huge supporter of power cards as game aids.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases