Wizards: We want Class Power decks

Horacio

LostInBrittany
Supporter
Tervin said:
I have a complete Power deck for all classes - or at least PDFs for them.

This post has the files needed to do the job. Check that whole thread for more links and templates.

Going from Magic Set Editor to PDFs was a pain, and my files ended up too big to upload, otherwise I would of course share them directly.

I want to say you a big thanks !

Last Saturday, after having read once the PHB, I decided that if I was going to game D&D4 I needed a quick reference mechanism for all those powers, ideally cards.

So I came to EN World and I saw that thread, and your cards. And it was just what I looked for.

So thanks :)

Tervin

First Post
Horacio said:
I want to say you a big thanks !

/---/

So I came to EN World and I saw that thread, and your cards. And it was just what I looked for.

So thanks :)

NP. Especially as they aren't my cards. Ander00 did all the work, I just thought too many people had missed it so I made a link.

Ander00

First Post
I'm glad that people find my cards useful. I was originally only planning to make whatever I needed for myself as I went along, so it's good to see the additional work was not in vain :).

cheers

essenbee

First Post
Ander00 said:
I'm glad that people find my cards useful. I was originally only planning to make whatever I needed for myself as I went along, so it's good to see the additional work was not in vain :).

cheers
How do I print the card backs for this set please? I have MSE writing the card fronts to a PDF file, but cannot see where I get to do the same for the card backs...

Ander00

First Post
essenbee said:
How do I print the card backs for this set please? I have MSE writing the card fronts to a PDF file, but cannot see where I get to do the same for the card backs...
That'd be because there are no card backs, really. If you want to make some, you could replace any of the card images you do not feel is needed (like cardempty.png or any of the item styles you probably aren't using) with an image of appropriate dimensions, make a few blank cards with that background image and print those out (or write them to a pdf). I'm not going to spend a lot of time designing a back, especially without having seen the GSL (you'd probably want the D&D logo on there, I suppose).
If you want, you can use this. Otherwise, any other image will do.

cheers

Attachments

• card_back.png
    card_back.png
    124.2 KB · Views: 168

Bolongo

Herr Doktor
The only thing I would want card backs to say is "Encounter" or "Daily", so that if I flip a used power, I'll know when to flip it back up.

But I think I can let the players pencil that in by hand on their cards. Give 'em something to do. ;)

Nine Hands

Explorer
I made a custom set of "power" cards for my Star Wars campaign, they cover both Jedi powers and starship maneuvers.

I won't purchase a set of cards from WotC, since I can not only make my own, I can also adjust the text on the cards to use hexes instead of squares (my #1 house rule).

Ander00

First Post
Bolongo said:
The only thing I would want card backs to say is "Encounter" or "Daily", so that if I flip a used power, I'll know when to flip it back up.
If you're going to have backs for the cards at all, that is a good idea. So something like this (yes, you won't normally flip your at-wills, it's just there for the sake of completeness). Of course, if you are actually printing double-sided, you'll have to see about lining them up correctly.

cheers

Attachments

• card_atwill.png
    card_atwill.png
    8.1 KB · Views: 142
  • card_daily.png
    card_daily.png
    7.6 KB · Views: 137
  • card_encounter.png
    card_encounter.png
    9 KB · Views: 136

Nine Hands

Explorer
Devyn said:
The idea of class power decks (for wizards and other classes) seems a perfect fit for how WotC is developing the future of D&D. I can easily see how limited or rare powers might become even "collectable". Great marketing possibilities.

Please...they are a book keeping tool and that is all. D&D is not going to be turned into a CCG because WotC puts out power cards. If that were true, then D&D is already a CCG and has been since 2nd Edition. I have three packs of spell/psionic cards, which detailed every spell for wizards, clerics and psionicists.

None of this stuff is new folks.

Remove ads