TWF option

Triangleman27

First Post
BALANCED TWO-WEAPON FIGHTING [FIGHTER BONUS]

Prerequisite: Dex 15, Str 13, Two-weapon Fighting

Benefit: You can use a 1-handed weapon in each hand without the standard penalty for not using a light weapon in your off-hand.

I'm considering revising the penalties for TWF altogether. -10 for the offhand is pretty steep even for not having any feats; I'm no fencer but I doubt it's as daunting as say JUGGLING.

Asurya

First Post
your feat officially exists: Oversized TWF (in CAdv)
it has fewer prerequisite on the top of that :D

for your second point, I still use the old 3.0 Ambidextry / TWF couple, but it's true that -6 on each hand to represent the coordination troubles seems dire.

Last edited:

Triangleman27 said:
BALANCED TWO-WEAPON FIGHTING [FIGHTER BONUS]

Prerequisite: Dex 15, Str 13, Two-weapon Fighting

Benefit: You can use a 1-handed weapon in each hand without the standard penalty for not using a light weapon in your off-hand.

I'm considering revising the penalties for TWF altogether. -10 for the offhand is pretty steep even for not having any feats; I'm no fencer but I doubt it's as daunting as say JUGGLING.
FWIW, I had some success fighting with 2 swords (longswords) in the SCA. -10 attack in the off-hand is too steep, -5 might be more reasonable. However, it is not possible to use your full strength with either sword since you're holding them in a defensive position or the secondary weapon is being used fully defensive. Without the defensive position the fighter would definitely incur an attack of opportunity. Having said that I must also point out that some "high level" fighters are so fast on their attack that they can keep their swords in full offensive thus using their full strength bonus -- sounds like a high level feat to me.

Just my 2 farthings.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases