Who Here is Getting Dragon Roots?

Raven Crowking

First Post
I just heard that Dragon Roots #0 was ready to ship, and I was wondering who was planning on getting it. I've got an alignment article in the issue (that I understand required WotC approval to print, as it references 1e!), and I'm hoping that there will be some lively discussion on the topic after the issue mails out.

RC

freyar

Extradimensional Explorer
I'm low on shelf space, but it looks pretty interesting. Do you know if there are any plans at all for a PDF version? I know, I know, it kind of goes against the point, but some of us are still in small apartments...

lrsach01

Explorer
As I posted in the "Dragonroot Price" thread, I'll be putting off my purchasing of Dragonroot. The price point is a bit high at the moment even for the PDF which costs MORE than the individual magazine (not counting shipping).

tenkar

Old School Blogger
Hadn't even heard of the mag until I saw the pricing thread. That being said, 25 plus 16 shipping for 4 issues... I'll have to wait on some reviews before taking the plunge. Kobold Quarterly and Crusader have been filling my Dragon magazine needs at the moment. Throw in Pathfinder for my Dungeon desires and I'm feeling the dollar squeeze.

Edit: $8 an issue for the PDF? Ouch. I would have bought at $4 or $4.95. Ah well. BTW, what is the avg page count for this magazine going to be?

Last edited:

DM-Rocco

Explorer
tenkar said:
Hadn't even heard of the mag until I saw the pricing thread. That being said, 25 plus 16 shipping for 4 issues... I'll have to wait on some reviews before taking the plunge. Kobold Quarterly and Crusader have been filling my Dragon magazine needs at the moment. Throw in Pathfinder for my Dungeon desires and I'm feeling the dollar squeeze.

Edit: $8 an issue for the PDF? Ouch. I would have bought at $4 or $4.95. Ah well. BTW, what is the avg page count for this magazine going to be?
The page count is 70 pages, perfect bound. I intend each issue to be about the same or more.

I am still new to the pdf pricing, as I stated in the pricing thread, so I will consider that over night and see if I can lower that. Please see the pricing thread for more info on content and pricing.

Otherwise, Dragon Roots was so named because this magazine is intended to get back to the basics of gaming and the origins of Dragon Magazine; getting back to the roots of the magazine if you will, thus the name, Dragon Roots. Before WOTC, there was a company called TSR and before that, a man named Gary Gygax, who wrote a magazine, or back then, a newsletter, about gaming. Like minded people chimed in and formed a magazine. That magazine started out writen by gamers, for gamers, and that is what Dragon Roots did as well.

Yes, it is true, I had to pull a few teeth from WOTC employees to get RavenCrowkings article approved, along with a few of my own. Special thanks to senior brand manager of D&D at WOTC, Scott Rouse, for "dealing" with me. :D :p :lol:

Remove ads