HD-DVD for cheap

Vocenoctum

First Post
So, the 360 add on is now $50. The "get 5" deal lasts through the 28th.

Anyone gonna buy, now that the format is dead and prices are getting slashed?

(If the selection was more full of things I really wanted, I'd get it, but I'm not sure. $10 a movie is a good price though...)

Megaton

First Post
I'm not even going to bother. I'm against the HD DVD/Blu-Ray format in general. The idea of paying $25-30 for a movie pissed me off, so I say let HD DVD die with as little revenue as possible.

John Crichton

First Post
Megaton said:
I'm not even going to bother. I'm against the HD DVD/Blu-Ray format in general. The idea of paying $25-30 for a movie pissed me off, so I say let HD DVD die with as little revenue as possible.
DVD & VHS must have driven you crazy! The prices were higher at the start for those formats.

John Crichton

First Post
Vocenoctum said:
So, the 360 add on is now $50. The "get 5" deal lasts through the 28th.

Anyone gonna buy, now that the format is dead and prices are getting slashed?

(If the selection was more full of things I really wanted, I'd get it, but I'm not sure. $10 a movie is a good price though...)
I bought it way back and have enjoyed my experience with it. I wouldn't get it now that nothing new will be coming for it in a few months.

Vocenoctum

First Post
John Crichton said:
I bought it way back and have enjoyed my experience with it. I wouldn't get it now that nothing new will be coming for it in a few months.

My theory was simply that the 5 movie deal means $10 a movie, so if they were more to my liking...

Aside from it still coming with King Kong, nay?

It'll be interesting to see if they slash prices on the discs too, good time to fill in some collections.

John Crichton

First Post
Vocenoctum said:
My theory was simply that the 5 movie deal means $10 a movie, so if they were more to my liking...

Aside from it still coming with King Kong, nay?

It'll be interesting to see if they slash prices on the discs too, good time to fill in some collections.
If you want a quick fix, sure. I personally wouldn't bother. I'd put the money towards BR stuff.

Vocenoctum

First Post
John Crichton said:
If you want a quick fix, sure. I personally wouldn't bother. I'd put the money towards BR stuff.

It's not a budgetary thing, $50 into a "bluray fund" wouldn't do much for instant gratification. :)

I'm not really in need of HD stuff, and don't buy many movies anyway. If they were movies I really wanted, but they're not...

John Crichton

First Post
Vocenoctum said:
It's not a budgetary thing, $50 into a "bluray fund" wouldn't do much for instant gratification. :)

I'm not really in need of HD stuff, and don't buy many movies anyway. If they were movies I really wanted, but they're not...
Ah, there's the rub. If there were movies you really wanted to test out on your system, I'd say go for it. I'm in the same boat every time amazon.com runs a Buy One Get X Free sale. There are rarely titles I want on those lists that I don't already own.

Remove ads