D&D 4E Vote for your favorite 4E PHB cover!

Which PHB cover you prefer?

Klaus

First Post
Vote for your favorite PHB cover. Preferrably, explain your vote below.

Tiefling & Warrior:
attachment.php

Dragonborn & Wizard:
attachment.php

Adventurers vs. Green Dragon:
attachment.php

Attachments

• pbh3.jpg
    pbh3.jpg
    60.4 KB · Views: 972
  • phb.jpg
    phb.jpg
    58.4 KB · Views: 955
  • phb2.jpg
    phb2.jpg
    24.2 KB · Views: 927

Zamkaizer

First Post
The second. I realize the third is more 'D&D', but it's the Player's Handbook, not the Dungeons & Dragons Handbook--the focus ought to be on the player characters.

Stormtalon

First Post
Honestly, I'd have to choose "All of the above." Primarily because I DO like each piece of art, but also to annoy the heck out of the "Oh no, they're going collectible on us!" crowd. :)

fafhrd

First Post
I voted for the tiefling cover. The dragon would have won out, nice dynamic scene going on, except that the dragon looks a little goofy and we can't have that.

Klaus

First Post
Zamkaizer said:
The second. I realize the third is more 'D&D', but it's the Player's Handbook, not the Dungeons & Dragons Handbook--the focus ought to be on the player characters.
But it is the Dungeons & Dragons' handbook. All the basic rules are in the PHB, from character creation to skills to combat. You could run D&D with the PHB alone, but not the DMG or MM.

Anyway, I voted for Adventurers vs. Green Dragon.

Zamkaizer

First Post
Klaus said:
But it is the Dungeons & Dragons' handbook. All the basic rules are in the PHB, from character creation to skills to combat. You could run D&D with the PHB alone, but not the DMG or MM.

Anyway, I voted for Adventurers vs. Green Dragon.
You can't run a Green Dragon from the Player's Handbook. You can run a Dragonborn or Wizard from it though.

Besides, having one core book feature a scene while the others focus on their subject (in an admittedly abstract fashion, in the DMG's case) ruins the symmetry.

Last edited:

Darkwolf71

First Post
Definatly #3. Mainly because it resembles the cover of the Basic rulebook that was my introduction to D&D.

#2 runs a very close second.

Remove ads