Polymorph Self and Tenser's Transformation

Lucius Foxhound

First Post
Is it possible to cast Polymorph Self and then Tenser's Transformation and have them stack? I was just thinking how fun it would be to Polymorph into a troll or Stone Giant and then become a fighting machine!

(Edited to Poly Self ... right!)

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Did that (Stone Giant and Tenser's Transformation among other things, including some Limited Wishes to get some really nasty Paladin spells) last gaming session... it was just insane (our opponent was insane, too, so it evens out at that)!

My 17th level Arcane Trickster became a fighting machine with +41/+41/+41/+36/+31/+26 and 4d6+39 damage (using a bow and without sneak attack).

Bye
Thanee

Thanee

First Post
BTW, do attacks max out at 4?
What if my BAB reaches 21+?

I just thought, that with another Limited Wish (Divine Power) I could have gotten another +7 BAB for a grand total of over 20!!!

Bye
Thanee

Pax

Banned
Banned
Re: Polymorph Other and Tenser's Transformation

Lucius Foxhound said:
Is it possible to cast Polymorph Other and then Tenser's Transformation and have them stack? I was just thinking how fun it would be to Polymorph into a troll or Stone Giant and then become a fighting machine!

You would want Polymorph Self, and then Tenser's Transformation.

You could easily do that, using Contingency -- the condtions being "if I am ever turned into a Hill Giant", the triggered spell being Tenser's Transformation.

BTW, A Maximised or even Empowered Tenser's is ugly. Very ugly (especially the buffs, via Empower).

Pax

Banned
Banned
Thanee said:
Did that (Stone Giant and Tenser's Transformation among other things, including some Limited Wishes to get some really nasty Paladin spells) last gaming session... it was just insane (our opponent was insane, too, so it evens out at that)!

My 17th level Arcane Trickster became a fighting machine with +41/+41/+41/+36/+31/+26 and 4d6+39 damage (using a bow and without sneak attack).

Bye
Thanee

Reread the Tenser's Transformation spell again, more closely this time. You MUST attack using melee ... bare hands if you have no other option.

Tenser's Transformation and then a bow isn't a legal move, sorry.

Pax

Banned
Banned
Thanee said:
Why would you need Contingency?

You can still cast spells, when you are a giant.

Bye
Thanee

Speed.

If you do it as seperate spells, and I used contingency - I'd be whacking you during the second round, before you got the Transformation spell off. :D

[edit]
BEsides, wouldn't it be MUCH more rewarding to polymorph into a big baddie that CANNOT cst spells, but has better inherent attacks? Like ... oh ... a gigantimoungous lizard, or a dragon?
:D
[/edit]

Last edited:

Thanee

First Post
Ok, it just sounded like you would need Contingency to get it to work even. Nevermind then.

Polymorph has a pretty good duration (from hours to permanent), so it could be cast beforehand! ;)

Well, examples like this just show how important Greater Dispelling is! :D

Bye
Thanee

Gaiden

Explorer
Thanee,

I am very surprised to see you asking a question :).

You have always struck me as a DND rules guru.

According to the epic level handbook, your attacks to max out at 4 attacks. (IDHMBWM) - however, I believe that the reason why they said they maxed out was because you would never have a BAB over 20 which is the specific reason why the Attack bonus you get after reaching 20th level is not considered part of your core BAB. THat would lead me to believe that you can have more than 4 iterive attacks so long as your BAB is greater than 20. A Divine power and tensor's transformation should be able to do this along with multiple tenser's stacked on top of one another. (There is some debate over that as the addition to your BAB by tensor's some people rule as an unnamed bonus to your BAB and other's rule it as a base attack bonus (therefore named). I recall a fairly long debate about this in a wizard smack down thread with the sage limiting your attacks to 4.

Of course this had no basis as solars get 5 iterive attacks. In the end (so long as I am not forgetting any obvious text - again, IDHMBWM - sorry), I think it would be DM's call. The epic level handbook does talk about having more than 4 iterives unbalancing (for, if I recall horribly irrelevant reasons - but that is just MHO :)).

Remove ads