Omega World + Darwin's World?

K-Slacker

First Post
Has anyone here tried to mesh Omega World with Darwin's World? I'm looking to start a PBeM next month and am interested to hear about the experiences of other gamers with Post-Apocalyptic d20.

- K-Slacker

Vigilance

Explorer
I have to some extent. I use Darwin's World's race and class structure (I like the races better, and.. well.. Omega world doesnt really HAVE but one 10 level class lol).

I add in the items, the mutations, and the random rolls for mutations and defects (helps prevent min-maxing), and stir.

So far, its been a great combination!

DPGDarrin

First Post
I've started playing around with this very thing with my home group. I can't post a lot of information as I haven't done the number crunching, but here's what I've come up with.

First of all, I like the single class system in OW a little better than the class system in DW. On the other hand, I like the idea of it being a longer term campaign and I don't think prestige classes should be left out. I intend to go back through the information and see if prestige classes from DW can be compatible with OW.

I think the races in OW are a little over the top, so in my campaign, people play humans and mutated humans. On the other hand I think that the mutations presented in OW are a little better. I'm also not crazy about the non-beneficial mutations in DW.

As for feats, skills, equipment, etc, I allow everything provided that one source doesn't conflict with the other. When they do, the stuff in OW wins. I use creatures from OW and Terrors of Twisted Earth.

For setting information, I stick with the stuff at the RPG Objects website. I have thrown a bit of Fallout stuff in there though (vaults, Rad-X, etc.)

K-Slacker

First Post
Originally I was planning on doing Fallout d20 (using a homebrew version of Darwin's World) for an upcoming PBeM. Then Omega World came out and I've decided to go for more of a "B-Movie" feel. I'm definitely including various mutant strains (such as the ghouls from Fallout) and going with multiple classes instead of just "Explorer".

I'm modifying the point buy variant from the DMG to include Mutations and Defects (to help balance out characters a bit) and intend to tinker with core classes a little to get a variety of character types. (I particularly want a low-power version of the Psion.)

BTW: Does anyone have any advice on how to handle character generation via e-mail where there are a lot of random rolls (ie, Mutations and Defects)? In all the previous PBeMs that I've GMed, I've handled all the dice - but I'd prefer to have the players roll up their own characters. Would Irony Games' Dice Server do the deed?

- K-Slacker

PosterBoy

First Post
K-Slacker said:
Has anyone here tried to mesh Omega World with Darwin's World? I'm looking to start a PBeM next month and am interested to hear about the experiences of other gamers with Post-Apocalyptic d20.

- K-Slacker

Oddly enough, Darwin's World was originally a PBEM game that was converted to d20.

Remove ads