D&D 4e game?

Pinotage

Explorer
nick012000 said:
Pinotage: What you've written for your background so far is excellent. Keep up the same quality for the rest, and you'll be approved, too.

Thanks. I've completed the character now.

Pinotage

Creamsteak

Explorer
It seems a bit strange to me that you're developing character backgrounds for character sheets that were essentially pulled from a convention dungeon delve.

nick012000

First Post
Creamsteak said:
It seems a bit strange to me that you're developing character backgrounds for character sheets that were essentially pulled from a convention dungeon delve.

Well, because the game wouldn't be a simple convention dungeon delve by virtue of its medium, and because it helps weed out the folks who tipe liek dis. ;)

Dire Lemming

First Post
nick012000 said:
There has been someone stating their intention for each character, though only the Wizard, Cleric, and Ranger have had their characters approved. If you want to play, you'd have to pick one of the other three.

Hm ok, I think I'll try the Paladin. I haven't tried a halfling in a long time. I'll try to write something up for him.

Dire Lemming

First Post
How's this? I hope you like it.

[sblock=Background]No one would ever have believed Corrin could be a Paladin had they known him as a child. His parents, both explorers had left him behind during one of their ventures and were never seen again. At first he took to trying to steal for his survival, but after several getaways that seemed the results of pure luck, he decided he needed to try things another way. He realized that it was in fact far safer, and far more successful, to convince others to do the stealing for him. Sometimes even buy things for him legitimately. He formed a small gang of street urchins, who quickly became a menace to merchants throughout the poorer districts of the city, though he was careful to keep their connections from being too obvious.

To this day, he is unsure of just what happened that night, but it was so long ago that it likely no longer matters. By this point, his gang had become quite a bit larger, and he had become a young man, or well, Halfling. In any case, he and several compatriots were settled into their hideout, enjoying the day’s spoils. They had actually started to make some money out of this, rather than simply scraping by. They had invited over a few of ladies of ill repute from the local brothel and were having a bit of a party, when a sudden loud knock came on the door. Everyone stopped to stare at the door, and after a moment there was another sound, the sound of an axe hacking into wood, and the sight of a metal blade coming through the door. The group stared for but a moment longer and then quickly panicked and ran for the back door. Corrin, with his short legs did not reach it first, and it saved his live. For as he watched, that door was smashed inwards, and a massive humanoid barged in, grabbing one of his friends by the head and tossing him aside like a ragdoll. Everyone was screaming, and Corrin is sure to this day that it was the intervention of the goddess of luck herself that got him out of there alive. He certainly doesn’t remember it. All he remembers is running over rooftops with wild abandon and then falling through an open skylight into hot soapy water. He couldn’t breath. Was it the water, or was it because his face was buried in something soft and warm? He felt himself being lifted out of the water, and realized to his (admittedly slight) embarrassment, that he had disturbed a human woman in her bath. She looked at him with an expression halfway between anger and amusement, and it was fairly clear that she wasn’t quite sure what to think of the young Halfling who had just fallen face first on top of her while she was bathing.

Corrin quickly came to the conclusion that his very survival might well depend on getting into this woman’s good graces, and that was one thing he was good at. Aside from her ridiculous height, she was pretty good looking too, so he figured he could get away with a bit of flattery even if she wasn’t as dumb as the women he usually spent time with. He looked down at himself, sopping wet from head to toe and soapy, not that she was any less that way, but he was still fully clothed. He looked back up at the woman and smiled sheepishly. “I do not know whether I should apologize, or thank Tymora for that stumble, my lady. It seems sure that The Smiling Lady herself has ordained that I should fall through your ceiling and to be saved by your most exquisite self. My name is Corrin, Lady, I would be honored if you would share yours.”

The woman watched him curiously, having quickly covered herself with a towel once she had extricated the bewildered Halfling from atop herself. She smiled at his humorously overdone flattery, even more so because it sounded so sincere (And certainly, quite a bit of it was). “And what do you know of my mistress?” The lady asked, taking Corrin completely by surprise.

A priestess, this could be either very good, or very bad for him. In any case, he would have to use all his charm, and show his piety. He did, quite well, and in the morning he was still alive, and had made a new and important acquaintance, one that would influence his life from then on. Sophia had gotten into his mind. Made him think of thinks in a way he never had before. She introduced him to a Paladin, and he became a squire of Tymora, and eventually a Paladin himself.

He’s left his old life behind him completely. He does not know what happened that night, or what happened to his friends. It seems that they were all killed, but he doesn’t know why, or by whom. He has simply dedicated his life to Lady Luck, though never let it be said that he is averse to dedicating some time to other ladies. He has decided to begin adventuring recently, as that is a favored profession of his goddess. Hopefully her favor will last.[/sblock]

[sblock=Description]Corrin is a bit stocky for a Halfling, fairly muscular, and very handsome. He has long dark hair, and tanned skin, and he wears a seemingly perpetual smile under his brown eyes. Most of this is usually very hard to see, thanks to his use of full plate armor.[/sblock]

[sblock=Personality]Corrin has a friendly, seemingly carefree personality that servants of stuffier religions would likely find offensive. However, he always tries to maintain civility, even to his adversaries. He is not an intellectual by any stretch of the imagination, but has a good innate sense for things that often helps him where careful thought can’t or wouldn’t. He unfortunately has a rather bad weakness for members of the opposite sex, of most any race.[/sblock]

nick012000

First Post
Looks good. You're approved.

Currently, it's looking like this:
Approved Characters:
renau1g: Riardon, Eladrin Ranger
Rolzup: Skamos, Teifling Wizard
Pinotage: Armarantan of Borne, Human Cleric
Dire Lemming: Corrin, Halfling Paladin

Claimed character:
Knight Otu: Kathra Ironforge, Dwarf Fighter

Unclaimed character:
Tira Duskmeadow, Half-elf Warlock.

Dire Lemming

First Post
And its not against my Paladin code (Assuming paladins still actually have codes) to hurt people if they try to stuff me into holes!

Man, this character is so min/maxed...

Blackrat

He Who Lurks Beyond The Veil
Oh man. This looks so intriguing. On the other hand I'd really like in, but on the other hand I wan't to wait until I have PHB in my hands before even considering 4e. Oh man, what to do, what to do. I guess I'll wait a day or two, and unless no-one else has done the warlock by then I call dibs.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Blackrat said:
Oh man. This looks so intriguing. On the other hand I'd really like in, but on the other hand I wan't to wait until I have PHB in my hands before even considering 4e. Oh man, what to do, what to do. I guess I'll wait a day or two, and unless no-one else has done the warlock by then I call dibs.

Well I decided to try it because I wanted to see whether or not I should bother getting the PHB.

renau1g said:
Aren't they all? ;)

Guess so. Still I rather like my character. He's like, the polar opposite of myself. I mean, I'm fairly tall, and he's a halfling. He's highly charismatic, I don't like going places because I have to be around strangers. He's fairly strong, I'm pitifully weak. He rarely thinks things through, I think too much. :D

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases