Keep on the Shadowfell -- 5 or 20 May?

Reaper Steve

Explorer
Help,
my search-fu is weak.

Amazon lists KotS release date as 20 May.
But I read on some blog or post on Thurs that at the seminar, WotC stated KotS will come out 'a month before the rules.' Well, 20 May is actually just over 2 weeks before 6 June.
Now, it may just be semantics... May is the month before June after all.
But I thought I also saw somewhere recently a release date of 5 May.
Actually, I think I saw that first and thought 'no, that's a typo, its 20 May.' But after reading about the release seminar, I inclined to believe (or at least hope) that the release date has indeed moved to 5 May.

Can anyone confirm one or the other?

Fallen Seraph

First Post
Oh Crap! >< I am so sorry, I just realized I had a brain-crash it said 5/2008 and since I was looking for 5, I just went oh good, it is! But just realized that be for the 5 month: May.

So sorry ><

FitzTheRuke

Legend
I'm afraid as a retailer I just looked at the retailer's catalogue for product shipping, and it lists May 20.

I was pretty disappointed myself, as I'm planning to run it.

Only 2 Weeks? Just about might as well wait and make our own characters, hey?

Fitz

FitzTheRuke said:
I'm afraid as a retailer I just looked at the retailer's catalogue for product shipping, and it lists May 20.

I was pretty disappointed myself, as I'm planning to run it.

Only 2 Weeks? Just about might as well wait and make our own characters, hey?

Fitz
Agree- A bit rubbish having a rules preview/teaser adventure just 2 weeks before the main books, if this is true I am going to cancel my Amazon order- postage is too much. A month of ruminating over it would be good, 2 weeks -even I have enough willpower to wait that long!
Edit: cancelled, 2 weeks FFS, rubbish! Thanks for the heads up you saved me a fair bit of postage :)

Last edited:

Gorrstagg

First Post
mach1.9pants said:
Agree- A bit rubbish having a rules preview/teaser adventure just 2 weeks before the main books, if this is true I am going to cancel my Amazon order- postage is too much. A month of ruminating over it would be good, 2 weeks -even I have enough willpower to wait that long!
Edit: cancelled, 2 weeks FFS, rubbish! Thanks for the heads up you saved me a fair bit of postage :)

See this is exactly, why if I were WotC. I would make sure to get this product out for May 5th. And make it happen. Feed the gaming beast. Because 2 weeks before hand, shows a significant bit of rubbish. Seriously, what are they thinking?

To me this makes no sense, especially after building up so much hype and information build up before release.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases