Compilation of the most renowned/widespread house rules?

Marcon

First Post
Just wondering if anyone has ever bothered to put up a list of all the "best" house rules out there. "Best" could be further expanded into "House rules that a lot of DMs have incorporated into their game because they just plainly make sense, improve the game, simplify it, etc."

If such a compilation doesn't exist, then would you mind chiming in and share 1 or 2 rules you are particularly proud of or think shouldn't be missed. Don't want a debate to start everytime someone adds something to this list 'cause I am sure there already exists lengthy discussions somewhere out there (And actually linking to them would probably be icing on the cake)

Just looking for ways to make my games better using the infinite wisdom of EnWorld members!

-Marcon

Tequila Sunrise

Adventurer
Marcon said:
Just wondering if anyone has ever bothered to put up a list of all the "best" house rules out there. "Best" could be further expanded into "House rules that a lot of DMs have incorporated into their game because they just plainly make sense, improve the game, simplify it, etc."

If such a compilation doesn't exist, then would you mind chiming in and share 1 or 2 rules you are particularly proud of or think shouldn't be missed. Don't want a debate to start everytime someone adds something to this list 'cause I am sure there already exists lengthy discussions somewhere out there (And actually linking to them would probably be icing on the cake)

Just looking for ways to make my games better using the infinite wisdom of EnWorld members!

-Marcon
I have exactly what you want here.

javcs

First Post
Actually, with my group, we house-ruled the soulknife to be better ... and yet, nobody's played one.
We gave it Trapfinding as a 1st level feature, and Search, Disable Device, and Open Lock as class skills.
All classes got their base skill points increased by 2.

Oh snap ... I just thought of something the next time we do gestalt! Soulknife one side, and on the other grab Kensai! Must look into this. Depending on wording this could either be awesomeness or suck incarnate.

Common houserules (I think) include combining spot/listen and hide/move silently ... we haven't done that yet, so I can't say how well it plays.

A joke houserule we're planning on doing for our april 1st session is if the character is cool, hilarious, or ridiculous enough, it doesn't matter how you got there, as long as you've followed the WBL guidelines. :heh: This opens the path for many antics, trying to keep our characters. I'm thinking about building a clown. Possibly one that's a paladin or blackguard. Maybe an Archon or a Devil. Because, let's face it, what's more ridiculous than an Archon or paladin clown, and what's more disturbing than a blackguard or devil clown? :uhoh:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases