Bramble Faerie

the Jester

Legend
I like making weird fey. I should post my fungus faerie too. Not all fey are happy and fun.

Bramble Faerie (Svarthelmin)
Medium Fey
Hit Dice: 6d6 (21 hp)
Initiative: +7 (+3 dex, +4 improved initiative)
Speed: 35’
AC: 16 (+3 dex, +3 natural)
Attacks: Thorn shortsword +5 melee, thorn pierce +0; or thorn shortspear +6 ranged
Damage: Thorn shortsword 1d6+2 plus poison, thorn pierce 1d4+1 plus poison; thorn shortspear 1d6+2 plus poison
Face/Reach: 5’x5’/5’
Special Attacks: Poison, spell-like abilities
Special Qualities: DR15/+1, immunities
Saves: Fort (+2 base), Ref (+5 base, +3 dex), Will (+5 base, +1 wis)
Abilities: Str 14, Con 11, Dex 16, Int 13, Wis 13, Cha 18
Skills*: Craft (traps) +10, Hide +12, Listen +12, Move Silently +12, Spot +7, Wilderness Lore +16
Feats: Alertness, Dodge, Improved Initiative
Climate/Terrain: Brambles and thorn bushes
Organization: Solitary
Challenge Rating: 4?
Treasure: Standard
Alignment: Always chaotic neutral
Advancement Range: By character class (ECL = ?)
Description: Svarthelmin are bramble faeries, appearing as slim and dark human lads with thorns coming from their brows like horns. These thorns are wickedly effective in combat, though the bramble faeries usually use weapons made from their thorny environment as well. All their thorn weapons are poisonous, as are their thorn horns.
Combat: A svarthelmin will try to stay concealed in their thorn bush and deal with intruders with traps and from a distance with its spell-like abilities and thorn shortspears.
Poison (Ex): Fort DC 13; initial and secondary damage 1d4 temporary dexterity. The poison of the svarthelmin causes sever itching and a bright red rash.
Spell-Like Abilities (Sp): The bramble faerie can use the following abilities as a 6th-level sorcerer: At will- Brambles, Disappear, Entangle, Plant Growth, Speak With Plants; Once per day- Wall of Thorns.
Immunities (Ex): A bramble faerie is immune to poison, sleep, charms, and cold damage. It is not subject to ability damage or drain.
Skills: A svarthelmin gets a +6 racial bonus to Wilderness Lore checks, and a +8 racial bonus to Hide and Move Silently checks made in thorn bushes or brambles, and to Craft (traps) checks made with or in brambles or thorn bushes.

I like the idea (mentioned in another thread about some product I can't recall the name of now- :rolleyes: ) of the fey being connected to the plane of shadow; I'll have to work up some of that kind of stuff too.

What do you all think for the ECL and CR? Good spell-like abilities (Brambles is in DotF and MotW, Disappear is a 2-round Invisibility from R&R) should definitely make for a high ECL but the low hp and AC make me wonder about the CR...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases