A Sojourn in Sairundan Part 2 [Judge: Manzanita]

Trouvere

Explorer
"Where are we going, and how far? What will be done with the camels? This is unfortunate. I had intended to perform a lengthy ritual involving this cat. Now it must wait, and I do not know when I shall find the time."

Conuld frowns and scoops up the animal that's weaving between his feet.

"The best that can be said is that I have not yet prepared my selection of spells for today, having spent the usual time instead completing several spell formulae."

catofconuldby1.jpg

OOC: Prrrow!?

Phoenix8008

First Post
"So tha storm is comin' and the grit is hitting the fan, huh? Going to war with the orcs and such over something not even caused by them this time." Kurgahz shakes his head sadly. "I wish I could bash the hate outta people, but that just makes it worse it seems."

The half-orc perks up at the mention of relics. Trying to control his interest, he makes haste in packing his gear for travel once more. He nudges Cludge who is looking a little glassy-eyed again, probably because of the mention of gold and relics, and whispers to him "Sounds like some good stuff, eh Cludge?"

AGFlynn

First Post
Relics? Cludge says, somewhat confused. Like pickles an' things? Whater they call 'em, preserves? Can't really see what yer all excited 'bout there, Kurghaz...

Trouvere

Explorer
"Perhaps we will find them too," Conuld says with a passing smile.[sblock=OOC]Conuld is also approved for 4th. His new required Transmutation spell is Darkvision, so he can keep up with Cludge and Kurgahz for part of the night, if need be. Glitterdust, inspired no doubt by a blinding sandstorm of the Sairundan desert, may give us some crowd control.[/sblock]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Real-Time XP

It's been a year today since we last did this. That's 12 months of XP. With your new levels gained from the most recent award, you all gain the following amounts.

Cludge:
L4 * 50 = 200 * 12 = 2400 XP

Conuld: L4

Kurgahz: L4

Lasair: L5
L5 * 50 = 250 * 12 = 3000 XP

Shadya: L4

I believe that bumps Lasair up to level 6.

More to come once I clarify precisely what is in Hayder's vault.

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurgahz is packed and ready to go, feeling stronger and ready for anything, despite the troubles they face. He stands silently near Gram, waiting for the others to be ready to depart.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
You descend into the depths beneath Hayder's house. The vault is very dusty, and there are only a few things in it. Hanging on the wall are two crossed scimitars, covered in dust. Somehow, though, they have maintained their glint. They are fine blades. Shadya takes them both down and replaces her current scimitars, which she puts in her pack.

[sblock=Scimitars]The scimitars, for now, are MW scimitars. If Solange returns to play Shadya, perhaps we can talk about discovering their hidden powers if she completes some minor quest.[/sblock]

Inside of a large wooden chest, there is a smaller box. In this box, on a velvet cushion, rest two flat crystals, one clear with a blue tint, the other with a slight orange tint.

[sblock=Crystal]The blue crystal is a Third Eye of Concentration, granting the wearer +10 to Concentration checks (and taking up an "Eyes" slot, for the purposes of wearing magic items).

The orange crystal is a Third Eye of Gather, granting the wearer +10 to Gather Information checks (and taking up an "Eyes" slot, for the purposes of wearing magic items).[/sblock]

Also inside the chest, wrapped in red velvet, is a fierce looking steel war helmet, with gold filigree and bull horns protruding out and forward.

[sblock=Helmet]The helmet is a Helmet of Enraged Power (a custom magic item) that allows the wearer to use the spell Divine Power on himself once per day.[/sblock]

A pair of boots rests at the bottom of the chest. They look worn and old, but they have no tears or patches. Faded impressions in the sides indicate wings and birds of prey.

[sblock=Boots]The boots are Boots of Striding and Springing.[/sblock]

And finally, in a small golden egg shaped case, encrusted with gems, is a large crystalline prism, the color of a sandy desert rose.

[sblock=Prism]The crystalline prism is a dusty rose colored ioun stone.[/sblock]

Gram comes down the stairs with a few sacks. "Some Nimbusad, to fund our journey, and some water, to get us out of the city. Got everythin'? Let's go." He gestures to the small, thick wooden door in the side of the chamber.

Shadya opens the door with her key, and you begin a long trek beneath Helatia. You encounter several doors, some wooden, some iron, some stone, as the tunnel merges with the sewer system. Shadya's key works on every lock.

Finally you emerge in the Smiling Djinn, not far from the city entrance. Gram speaks with someone at the door, and a robed Sairundani hands each of you the reins to a camel. With Gram at your head, you ride strong, away from Helatia.

[sblock=OOC: ]This adventure kicked off in an incredible way, and it's unfortunate that we have to end it like this. I'll definitely take some of the blame. Sorry for that.

IC, the vault items should be split up amongst you all. The sale of the Nimbusad in Orussus will cover all travel expenses. OOC, the characters who are MIA (Shadya, Lasair) will not get the benefits of their items unless they contact me upon their return. I'll probably require some sort of minor penance, perhaps an XP-less vignette or something, for the powers in the item to awaken.

If you guys want to hand-wave the trip back to Orussus to grab an adventure, be my guest. Otherwise, I'll wrap this up for real on the 5th, when I return. In the meantime, divvy up the loot. Happy new year, everybody![/sblock]

Phoenix8008

First Post
"By Taurusk! This helm is magnificent!! And it looks to be of Orcish make. Perhaps even intended for the shaman of Taurusk in the tribe. Maybe captured by the Sairundani in some past battle. If none object, I believe I will make very good use of this..." Kurgahz says as he holds the helmet reverently, stroking the smooth bull horns in appreciation while admiring the fine workmanship of the helm.

OOC: Rae, thanks for a fun adventure filled with lots of great roleplaying and story. Sorry it didn't get to run it's course. Thanks for the fun while it lasted!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases