A Sojourn in Sairundan Part 2 [Judge: Manzanita]

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 3 (HP:34 AC:15)

Trouvere said:
Conuld might have expected to have his spirits lift after arriving at their destination. Instead, he falls into a deeper slough. He dispiritedly confides in Cludge. "It's your fault, of course," he says. "You made me drink that dwarven whiskey, and next thing I know, I'm buying a horse and a month's dried food. And now we're on the other side of the world, from whence I had high hopes of bringing back knowledge of strange magics rarely seen in Orussus - and what do I discover? Besides a travelling salesman who visits once a year, I'm the only wizard for hundreds of miles around! Apparently. I left a library to pursue magic, and all I've found is an invitation to another library... whose name I can't even pronounce properly."

Cludge chuckles mildly and slaps Conuld on the shoulder. Buck up, me lad, he says. Many o' the best aventures start with a few pints too many. He muses briefly. In fact, all o' the ones I kin remember do... leastways, all the ones in dwarven tales.
Dragging Conuld to his feet, Cludge heads for the door. C'mon lad, Kurghaz wants ta see the city. An' I don't think considerin' his welcome here he should go by hisself. Maybe we kin find a tavern and kick off another aventure! he says with a loud guffaw.
But one thing I know is ya gotta get offa yer sorry duff or you'll disvolve inter a pile o' ooze.

Trouvere

Explorer
"You are right, of course," says Conuld, following. "Who else is coming? Lasair, Shadya?"

OOC: are we going out on the same evening, or the following morning?

Solange

First Post
AGFlynn said:
Cludge chuckles mildly and slaps Conuld on the shoulder. Buck up, me lad, he says. Many o' the best aventures start with a few pints too many.
"From my observation, many of the adventures you can't remember start that way too," Shadya adds.

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Lasair plans to explore the city alone, since too many foreigners together might be too much of a disruption or imposition. At all times, she is mindful that she is a guest of Shadya yn Hayder and her family while she is here and that, not knowing the extent of this place's customs, she might reflect poorly on her hostess, and so she is less likely than usual to engage in conversation with random passersby and more likely just to look around.*

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Well allright then." Kurgahz says while getting up to go with Cludge and Conuld. "Let's go see what there is ta see."

OOC: I guess he'll leave his greatclub at the house. Wouldn't seem right to carry it around with him in the city.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Evening or morning expedition? And will Conuld be visiting the library? If so, Hayder will gladly arrange a time with Gram.

Depending on your answers, expect a big update soon.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
In the evening, the streets are more crowded than in the day. Less people seem to be in a hurry to get somewhere, and more people are strolling along at a pleasant pace, enjoying coolness of the night.

As you wander, you notice that despite being contained in a city with many obstructions, the wind still blows strongly by you. The architecture apparently guides the wind around and through structures. You even pass by some particularly windy tunnels in which small children are playing, falling into the wind and letting it hold them up. Kurgahz looks closely for tusks or grey green skin but doesn't see any.

In the dark, the common people take less notice of Kurgahz' heritage. But you do notice that the guards look particularly stern and watchful when they become aware of his presence. Conuld and Cludge get wary treatment, probably by association. The guards don't ever actually bother the trio, however. Lasair, on her own, is practically ignored.

--------------

In the morning, Conuld decides to visit the archives. Though there are few actual records, they are all important documents and histories, stretching back even to the time when the djinn were around. Gram questions Conuld on his idea for using glass, the dwarf seems excited about the prospect.

Back at Hayder's house, another large, delicious lunch is served. Rais is not in attendance, he is preparing for tomorrow night's trials. Hayder has a guest again, this time a human man. He is also an advisor to the Patriarch, his name is Khair ai Rabah.

The afternoon you spend exploring the city some more. Today is an exciting one for Kurgahz, because he sees another member of his own kind. She is mostly human, even pretty in a big, muscular sort of way, but the tusks jutting out of her bottom lip give her away. [Kurgahz (or anyone) may initiate a conversation, if you like]

Otherwise the day passes uneventfully.

-----------------

The next day, the city is all a bustle. Certain streets are closed off to prepare for tonight's events. A small parade of Sairundani dancers winds its way through Helatia over the course of the day, its size fluctuating as random people join and leave the line. It seems that just about every Hurakan knows how to dance and sing well. Even the guards seem less tense around Kurgahz.

At lunch, Hayder brings no guest. Rais joins you but barely eats. He is clearly quite anxious for the rites he will go through tonight. Hayder reassures him and encourages him to put food in his belly, because he'll want the energy later.

In the afternoon, someone comes calling at Hayder's door. It's a girl, older than Shadya but not by much. She introduces herself as Asima yn Jabar, of the Haboob tribe. Rais gently pushes aside whoever is at the door and hugs Asima tightly. They promptly leave together, to walk among the city before the trials.

OOC: To move things along, I'll move forward, but feel free to jump in and out of the time stream as you please.

Remove ads