A Sojourn in Sairundan Part 2 [Judge: Manzanita]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Not to talk for Trouvere, per se, but I'm fairly sure Conuld was replying to Lasair's loudly spoken assertions that explained the situation to the party rather than muttering under his breath, just because Conuld's words make sense as a response to Lasair. It's possible that this was only a coincidence and it was indeed just muttering, but when I read it, I took it for a response. Either way Cludge probably would have heard her though.)

Phoenix8008

First Post
OOC: Kurgahz spot check (1d20 3=17)
"What in the hells!?" Kurgahz wonders aloud as the people start dropping to the ground. "Wha? Poison?? Sorry, my magic ain't that strong yet ta take care of poison. What about that guy in the cloak that looks like he's running away by the edge of the pit?" the half orc asks the others as he is slower to get into gear.

OOC: Sorry about the delay. Had family in town this weekend and was extra busy. I'm back now and it seems we have plenty of action to keep us busy.

-----------------------------------
The day before:

Seeing the woman with tusks like his, Kurgahz lets out a breath he didn't even realize he had been holding. 'But she's the first I've seen. Shouldn't there be more that were 'rescued'? No way to find out unless I ask, right?' Moving toward her, he gets close enough and begins speaking rather awkwardly...
"Scuse me ma'am...sorry to bother you, but I'm new here and wondered if I could ask you some questions."

Rystil Arden

First Post
"What...? Meliana mentioned him escaping, but she said he dropped his cloak. I think there are actually two people. The cloaked figure may be a decoy, and the real poisoner may still be among the crowd. My power is not yet sufficient to affect so many people at once as to clear the crowd, I am afraid."

Trouvere

Explorer
"Two?" says Conuld. "Ah. Perhaps a decoy, or perhaps the master leaving when he saw his tool's task was complete. If the poisoner is still here, then the crowd should be prevented from dispersing. Where are the Patriarch's guardsmen?"

Rystil Arden

First Post
"Poisoning the Dervish candidates apparently," Lasair points out--as far as she knows from Meliana, the poisoner is that Patriarch guardsman from before, "It could be a master, but I would think that a master leaving should have been more discreet than to wear a cloak like the tool did in bringing the poison and make herself a target for those seeking the tool."

Trouvere

Explorer
"His other guardsmen, then," says Conuld with a flash of irritation. "Do you mean the guard who was discourteous to Kurgahz? Was he not Hayder's man? In any case, I should tell you all that I have instructed three people to the north-east to follow the cloaked figure, though their unfamiliarity with arcane spellcasters makes doubtful their reaction to a disembodied voice. If they do act, then we may assist them, or may choose another course."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=Conuld: ]The three people that Conuld's message reached are Sairundani men who had been pressing against the mad rush towards the center of the Pavilion. The three of them jump noticeably when the wizard's whisper reaches their ears, and one of them starts shouting, "Sorcery! Treachery!" The other two look around, catch a glimpse of a cloak disappearing over the edge of the Pavilion, and give pursuit.

Conuld hears a whisper now, "Right, he's heading into the streets, towards the Djinn."[/sblock]

In the crowd, a man starts shouting, "Sorcery, treachery!" while two other men nearby suddenly escape the crowd and rush towards the fleeing man.

At the center, some order is being achieved by guards who have drawn peacebound shortswords to fight back the crowd. Shouts to stay back and maintain order barely overcome the crescendo of noise as the Sairundani object to the drawing of blades. More than a few people towards the edge of the crowd are backing away slowly, debating about whether to stay and watch or run and hide.

OOC: I think now would be a good time for initiative, though we're not technically in combat. Please roll your own this time, I don't have time right now. :eek:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases