A Sojourn in Sairundan Part 2 [Judge: Manzanita]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Pseudo-Round 1

At the center, the guards are successfully calming the crowd down, explaining things in Sairundani, so only Shadya can understand:
"Stay calm, and give them some room. Yes, we think they've been poisoned, any healers, please come to the center. Stay calm!"

Kurgahz starts elbowing his way through the crowd. The people are stubborn and many, so he has a tough time with it. (OOC: Movement through the crowd costs double.)

Back in the center of the Pavilion, you see the short form of a dwarf muscle his way out of the mass of onlookers. You hear Gram's voice issue forth, "Move aside, let me through!" He looks at Hayder laid out on the ground, pain in his eyes. He kneels next to Sabil, the Patriarch, and puts a hand on his neck.

Lasair, having heard nothing from Shadya, delays.

Conuld hears through his spell,
"Yes, he's not very fast, but hurry, I think he's armed."

Cludge bellows at the crowd. The people near Cludge jump, startled at the dwarf's loud voice, but they just give him a mean look, rather than move out of his way.

Conuld follows Kurgahz, pushing through the crowd, hoping that his messaged Sairundani remain within range.

Shadya is stunned, she hesitates.

Lasair waits for Shadya to say something. (?)

The crowd is calming down some, but a few people are darting out of the fringes, glancing back fearfully as they flee.

---
Pseudo-Round 2

The guards continue to calm the crowd.

Kurgahz muscles his way out of the edge of the crowd.

Gram closes his eyes and Sabil's eyes flutter, but he does not wake. Looking frustrated, the dwarf says something to the guards nearby, but it's difficult to make out:

[sblock=Listen, DC: 18 ]"That's all I've got, I never thought I'd need to delay poison in 8 people, gods above!"[/sblock]

Conuld hears in his ear,
"He ducked into an alley, we're following."

Cludge bellows again, this time people listen and move aside. Cludge barrels past them, catching up with Kurgahz.

Conuld, using the path created by Cludge, manages to close some distance with the chasers by running full speed.

Shadya... (action?)

Lasair... (probably depends on Shadya...?)

More people from the crowd are fleeing.

[sblock=Only if you made the DC:20 Spot check from before... Spot, DC: 23]The man from before, who ditched the cloak, with the sandy hair, he's fleeing with the others. Though his head is down and he's doing well to blend into the crowd, you managed to spot him running south west.[/sblock]

---
Pseudo-Round 3

Lasair... (?)

Conuld is 60' in front of Kurgahz and Cludge. Kurgahz, Conuld, and Cludge make it over the north east edge and see...
Conuld's citizens slipping into an alley about 70' away from Conuld, 130' away from the other two
. (OOC: I assume you three will be running towards the alley, top speed. If not, tell me now.)

Conuld hears in his head,
"He's in here, somewhere, I think he's hiding. Where are you?" The voice sounds worried and a little frightened.

Shadya... (?)

[sblock=OOC: ]Sorry if this is confusing. Here's the input that I need, in case it's not clear:

Shadya stalled out in round one, she can act in round 2 and 3.

Lasair won't do anything without Shadya's approval, so I've delayed her action 'til after Shadya's. Round 1, Shadya stalled out, so I'll eventually need Round 2 and Round 3 actions for Lasair.

Kurgahz, Cludge, and Conuld, just confirm that you're continuing to give chase in Round 3 if that's the case.

[sblock=Kurgahz: ]I completely forgot about the conversation with the other orc! I'll pick that up now.

Kurgahz: said:
"Scuse me ma'am...sorry to bother you, but I'm new here and wondered if I could ask you some questions."
She responds, her head down, her voice soft, "Um, yes, sure, I have just a moment though..."[/sblock][/sblock]

Trouvere

Explorer
[sblock=Cludge, Conuld, Kurgahz]Conuld keeps running until just short of the alley entrance. While running, he's drawn his dagger. Just around the corner, he waits for the others to catch up. He whispers, "Please, do not risk yourselves unnecessarily. Three of us will be with you in a few more seconds. I am outside the alley." If nothing untoward happens in the next 12 seconds, he casts extended mage armor, followed by prestidigitation.[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: For the Spot check--based on the label, I'll assume it's seeing that guy from before and have Lasair Aid Another Meliana through their mental link, since Lasair herself has not seen the guy)

*With nothing else to do, Lasair decides to help Meliana look for the man she saw before, pointing to various people and asking the psicrystal 'Do you mean that one?'. As such, Meliana is barely able to spot the man escaping:*

'Yeah, it's that guy!'

(OOC: Lasair got 12, which is high enough to aid, and Meliana got 23 with the aid (I didn't put in the last +2 in case Lasair failed). )

Solange

First Post
Shadya finally speaks, "Go after the ones you think caused this, we should stop them. I will go with you Conuld."

Shadya will follow Conuld.

Solange

First Post
Shadya nods, "I trust your judgement. There is so much going on. Do you think you know who the poisoner is?"

Shadya will NOT run after Conuld.

Rystil Arden

First Post
Solange said:
Shadya nods, "I trust your judgement. There is so much going on. Do you think you know who the poisoner is?"

Shadya will NOT run after Conuld.
(OOC: At the point where the Spot check happens, Lasair points the man out for Shadya)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Lasair and Shadya may act in Rounds 3 and 4 (I'll say they delayed in Round 2).

[sblock=K, C & C: ]Kurgahz and Cludge catch up with Conuld shortly. Together, the three of them enter the alley. It's dark, almost pitch black, though Kurgahz and Cludge can see just fine. Stairs and ramps stretch up on either side of the alley, and several balconies look over it. It seems less clean than most of Helatia, not swept clean by the wind. There are 2 men, cautiously glancing down the alley and tiptoeing slowly away from the lit street. They whip around when the trio enters and breathe an audible sigh of relief. "He's here," one whispers, "but we're not sure where."[/sblock]

Rystil Arden

First Post
*Lasair points out the man.*

"That one there with sandy hair and his head down running southwest. Let us go Shadya yn Hayder," Lasair states, as she moves towards the man as fast as she can.

'Meliana, the crowd will slow us all down, but you are small enough to slip through. In case we can't keep up, you sneak ahead underfoot and hide in his satchel or cloak or something. Then you can tell us what's going on and which way to go if necessary.'

'Gotcha! Yay, I'm helping!'

Remove ads