A Sojourn in Sairundan Part 2 [Judge: Manzanita]

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: I may have forgotten over the weeks, but I am relatively certain that Lasair positively identified the fact that this cloak guy was definitely not the same as the real cloaked poisoner and probably a decoy to everyone before we split up, but Conuld said he had to go after the cloak guy anyway in case his peeps he sent out were in danger)

Last edited:

Trouvere

Explorer
OOC: Conuld and I are aware. There's the real cloaked poisoner; and there is the cloaked watcher (who may be an innocent bystander who just left at the wrong time, a decoy who was in on the plot, a stooge acting as unwitting decoy, or just possibly an instigator watching that his plan went off; and this second cloaked person may or may not be the orc we apprehended in the alley).

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Ah, okay--just making sure.

It now, from the ability to read your guys's stuff and see the clues, seems 95% certain to me that this guy was decoy who was supposed to be caught planted by racists who want to stoke up hatred against orcs by indicting orcs in the poisoning. Lasair will likely present this theory if/when she meets back up with the others unless someone else comes up with it first)

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: After her 15' move up the stairs (30/2), Lasair is more than 50' away from the thug on the other building, putting him out of range for her suggestion. Will she do it anyway?

Cludge:

Cludge heads back onto the pavilion. He sees some straggling Sairundani, still fleeing the scene. Some semblance of order has been achieved during your absence, and a few guards surround the large bowl as well as holding the center stage. Several Sairundani are tending to the fallen ceremony officials and dervish initiates. There are significantly fewer people in the crowd, and the guards are trying to calm those at the fringes, speaking firmly but softly in Sairundani.

Cludge sees a few people he recognizes at the center: Gram is still there, issuing a statement to the onlookers, a few of the center guards he knows from seeing them near Hayder's house, but of Shadya's brothers (besides Rais, who still lies motionless at the center) he sees nothing. The spot where the party was watching the ceremony from is now empty, the crowd having pressed inward and dispersed some.

In the Alley:

The two Sairundani men listen to Conuld's speculation. One says, "I can't be certain, but I think this is the one we were chasing. Nothing was moving at the end of the alley, and we were right on his tail."

The other looks less sure. "Well, it was pretty dark, and we weren't right on his tail..."

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: Nope. Darn, forgot that those were stairs with the 1/2 move--at full move I think she was in range. How high are the stairs--would it be possible to jump to the top with an untrained jump check and avoid the rough terrain? Probably not. She can't do anything then except move, so as before, just keep moving her. Suggestion is just not a worthwhile gamble on one target. If she was built more for combat, she'd have something else to do at range for sure. Ah well, there's always next turn :))

Trouvere

Explorer
Rae ArdGaoth said:
Light floods the alley, and the windswept street is revealed. Several stairs lead up to the second floors and the roofs, and there are back doors into the houses. There's nothing out of the ordinary, just a few boxes and the pile of rags into which the crazed orc has collapsed.
OOC: Are any of the boxes large enough to hide a person?

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
A full grown man, no, but there are some that might fit a halfling or a young man if he squeezed in.

LS:

Every 15' horizontally on the stairs is approximately equivalent to one 10' story. The building is five stories (50') up. From Lasair's spot, she has about 25' of smooth wall to her left.

Lasair continues her ascent.

The thug across way fires another bolt at Shadya, but the shot goes wide.

Out of a door in the other building, the second thug emerges carrying a knotted rope. He advances to the gap between the buildings and tosses an end of the rope to the other side.

Round 4:

Meliana...

Initiative:
Meliana
Shadya
Cloaked Man
Lasair
Thugs

Trouvere

Explorer
"Since we cannot burst through these doors one by one, if we are to find anyone else who is hiding here, it must be beneath a box. Let us quickly check beneath them, then return with our prisoner," Conuld says.

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 3 (HP:34 AC:15)

Cludge looks wildly around the pavilion for and trace of Shadya and Lasair. Seeing Gram, he barges his way through the crowd toward the dwarf.

Draugyr! he cries. Brach dom n'yst scra - astich Shady-ah ne Lasair canne groggn'ye ascath. Tro kennt? Tro kyent joor hach?[sblock=Dwarven] Brother! Pardon my interruption - it's essential I find Shadyah and Lasair. Have you seen them? Did you see where they went?[/sblock]

Last edited:

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Cludge:

Gram's head jerks up at the sudden interruption, and every head in the crowd turns toward Cludge. In Dwarven Gram responds,
"No, I have not. Has Shadya been kidnapped, on top of all this?!"

Conuld, Kurgahz:

Conuld leads the search through the now-lit alley, lifting boxes with the help of Kurgahz and the two Sairundani. They work in silence. Near the opposite end of the alley, they lift one box and a frightened alley cat whips out from behind it and slams straight into Kurgahz's thick, metal greaves. Dazed, the cat stumbles drunkenly for a few feet until it collapses in a heap at Conuld's feet.

Lasair, Shadya:

Awaiting Meliana's action...

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases