A Sojourn in Sairundan Part 2 [Judge: Manzanita]

Rystil Arden

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
So, sort of, yes.
(OOC: That was when Lasair assumed he would prefer it for the same reasons she had surmised--after that post where he was crestfallen, she offered him the choice of prison, and he never responded ;))

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
OOC: Oh, I see it now.

The other thug says slowly, nervously, "I... think... I'd rather... get the hell out of this place. Yeah, cart me off, s'long as it's not in a coffin."

Phoenix8008

First Post
"Splitting up again? If you say so, I guess. Or I can do this myself if Cludge would rather hang around here. We gonna meet back up in the city square where this started and see what's happened since we left? Conuld should be there still." Kurgahz grabs the prisoner not too gently and hauls him up. "C'mon you." he says before leading him out the door and back to the street and towards the city gates.

Last edited:

Rystil Arden

First Post
"If we send one person alone with him, it should be Cludge," Lasair suggests.

*She leaves her reasoning unspoken lest the more helpful prisoner not be as clever as Lasair is afraid he might be.*

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=OOC: ]Lasair has paper and pen, but no ink! Nobody else on the roof has it either. Since I assume that Lasair probably meant to buy ink, just add a vial to the sheet and deduct the cost.[/sblock]

Hasan begins to write with a sloppy hand. He struggles with the pen and ink, he hasn't had much practice it seems, and he writes in Sairundani. Shadya translates as he finishes each page.

[sblock=Shadya, Kurgahz, and Cludge Sense Motives: ]He's not faking, he just doesn't know how to write very well.[/sblock]

[sblock=Lasair Sense Motive: ]He's not faking, he just doesn't know how to write very well.[/sblock]

"The Kaati Shut has been around for only about one generation. I came to know the gang as a child, when one of the members beat my father for a debt he owed. The attack was simple but brutal, involving only the one man. He used a club and beat up my father..." He goes on to describe a vivid scene, fit for a novel, of his father being beaten.

He then describes how he was taken in by the gang by that very same man who beat his father. "My first assignment was to deliver food to men on watch. I was given a small amount of money, I suspect this was to gauge my loyalty." With painful detail, he describes haggling with the merchants in the marketplace, walking to the base, delivering the food, receiving payment upon arrival.

He then describes his next few assignments. They are all rather boring, just delivering food, getting water, watching the base, relaying cryptic messages like "The dog's spit is sandy again." He theorizes that some of the messages were completely meaningless, and that the older members were just pulling his rookie leg, so to speak. His descriptions are, without fail, detailed to the point of absurdity.

Then he begins to write, "They decided to induct me into the Kaati Shut. Our base of operations was then simply a back room in a slum house. It was located on..." he describes the location of the house in great detail, "but since then that house has been stripped bare and set fire to, so nothing remains inside. But it was there that I was inducted. Present were the few members at the time. There were ten of them, plus me to make eleven." He describes seven of the ten in great detail, including moles on their faces, what clothes they were wearing, their mood at the time, and so on. "Those seven are all dead. But at that time they were alive, and they watched my induction. With great ceremony, I was told..." He describes a ritual of induction, doing his best to remember the exact words said, but mostly paraphrasing. Of import from this description: "I was branded on the left shoulder with a hot dagger, a circle with a dot in the center. All Kaati Shut receive this brand, as far as I know."

"After this I took my first real job." At this point, he has taken up 20 pages of paper, front and back, which is all Lasair has. The ink is almost gone as well, he's been rather sloppy with it. He looks up, shrugs, and says, "Got anymore paper?"

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
Conuld:

Gram walks up to Conuld as he "calms down". "What a night. And I get the feelin' that it's not over yet. Ye may've scared 'em off for now, but they won't stay quiet for long, oh no. It had t'be tonight, didn't it? If we could've had just one happy gathering, maybe they'd forget all this nonsense about orcs. Sickens me." Gram does look a little ill.

Rystil Arden

First Post
(OOC: When he reaches the halfway mark (10 pages front and back) with no sign of stopping, Lasair sends Shadya off to buy 100 more sheets of paper and more ink, so that Shadya should hopefully be back before there is an issue of wasting any time. If he starts reaching the end of her 6 hours, she can always re-Suggestion.)

Remove ads