A Sojourn in Sairundan Part 2 [Judge: Manzanita]

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
The guard glares sternly at Cludge. "I can hear you. The laws are quite clear on the matter. No one of orcish descent is allowed into the holy chambers. I apologize if our laws do not please you, dwarf. They are in place for a reason, and you would do well to follow them while you are in our lands."

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
[sblock=Shadya: ]OOC: In the future, let me roll your sense motive checks. If you get an incorrect reading, I don't want you to know. But we can't let this 20 go to waste, now can we!

The guard is certainly unfriendly towards Kurgahz, but he's not lying about the rule. And as far as she can tell by the limited conversation she's had with him, he seems to be very dedicated to the rules of the society. Shadya gets the feeling that this guard is not friends with her father, like Venka was, but this guard will certainly protect her father.[/sblock]

"Perhaps this... man is an exception to his cruel race, but I cannot make exceptions." He has a lot of trouble calling Kurgahz a man. "Perhaps it would be best if just you entered, Shadya yn..." he trails off, because the red curtain has just parted to reveal a tall, tanned, gray haired man. He has Shadya's eyes. "Thank you, Muhaimin. I wish to walk among the breeze anyway."

He turns to look at Shadya and stares at her for a moment, a sort of sad smile coming across his face. "Ah, Shadya, you look so... old... Come, I need a walk." He embraces her and leaves his arm around her shoulder as you navigate the maze of chambers again. Muhaimin follows you at a distance. As you walk, Shadya's father talks, "It is a long journey from Orussus, and I worried that you would not even receive my letter. But Phyrah Halor carried it to you, and that is good." To Shadya's companions he says, "I am Hayder, thank you for bringing my daughter safely to me. Please, introduce me to your companions."

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Kurgahz squints as the little man first insults him. Knowing that he'd have to deal with this some here in this ciity, he tries hard to stay silent and hold his tongue. To his surprise, while he stays silent Gludge speaks in his defense. The half-orc grins a little as the dwarf is heard by the guard responded to. Before anything else can happen though, Shadya's father appears and begins leading them back towards the outside. As he turns to follow, he throws an evil grin over his shoulder at the guard who follows behind.

AGFlynn

First Post
Cludge Slatefist, Fighter 3 (HP:34 AC:15)

As Cludge turns to follow Shadya, he fixes Muhaimin with an icy stare. Oh, aye, I'll foller yer laws aright, please me er not, he says. But if yer thinkin' about ever becomin' a c'reer diplymat, I'd say yer gonna be mighty disappointed. Til we meet again, then.

Solange

First Post
Shadya smiles and does a polite bow of respect to her father before she giggles and embraces him tightly. "It has been too long father, but I have seen and learned much on my journey. These brave souls made the journey with me, and without them, I fear the winds would have blown against me."

"This is Lasair. She is from the desert of fire, and has a way with peaceful words."

"This is Kurgahz, a brave warrior who has proven his worth and loyalty repeatedly."

"Cludge is also a fine warrior, who is not afraid to speak his mind."

"Conuld is a talented mage, and knowledgeable on many subjects, which has proved to be very helpful on the journey."

"And I hope you still remember who I am."
Shadya says with a mischievous giggle.

Rae ArdGaoth

Explorer
"Mm, fine friends you have made. Lasair of the Fire Lands? Which part, may I ask? The Lands of Fire are vast.

"Kurgahz, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for protecting my daughter. I apologize in advance for the behavior of my tribe, things are... well, I-"
He looks at Shadya's grinning face and smiles.

"And Cludge," he says, not continuing his last sentence, "I have known many a brave dwarf, you are certainly most welcome in our city. Tell me, how do you like the architecture?"

"Conuld, a wizard! We haven't had a Harukan wizard in... Phyrah Halor, how long? The centers of arcane learning are closer to the center of the world, it would seem. Are you talented at illusions? A trader comes to Helatia every year or so, to collect rare spell components. The children love him and his illusions. He says he is from a city surrounded on all sides by great cliffs of falling water. Such a place is the center of the world!"

"Shadya, love, how could I forget you?" Hayder pulls Shadya in closer for a tight embrace. "You cannot understand the worry of a father, but with Sabil's daughter still missing... It concerns me, to see him so distressed. But please, you all must be exhausted from you journey. Let me take you to my house, I will provide rooms for you." He looks to Shadya for confirmation.

OOC: Also everybody, please respond to Hayder's questions. Imagine that the conversation takes place as you walk through the city, and that each conversation thread is self-contained. If you catch my meaning.

Last edited:

Phoenix8008

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
"Kurgahz, I thank you from the bottom of my heart for protecting my daughter. I apologize in advance for the behavior of my tribe, things are... well, I-" He looks at Shadya's grinning face and smiles.
"It's not a problem. It's what I was hired ta do. As fer the behavior of your tribe...it ain't no different from the rest of the world. My skin is thick and I'm used ta the mean stares and frightened glances. If I could wipe away all the hate and bigotry from the world I would, but it ain't gonna happen so eventually blood flows until a temporary balance is found again." Kurgahz answers Hayder.

"From what we heard in the desert, it sounds like it's tipped pretty hard away from the balance and against my kind lately..."

Solange

First Post
[sblock=OOC:Accounting]I show 109pp 9gp 3sp 0cp plus the pack camel left over from the trip, as well as some supplies that should be good for the return trip. Assuming we keep the Camels and supplies for now, that means we split the rest of the party funds, at 219 gold, 8 silver, and 6 copper. Or we can hold onto the party fund to expenses to return, and split it later. Shadya's open to suggestions on that.

Also, from This post, we had some loot.

• Jade
  • Large gold bracelet
  • Camel statuette
  • Gold ring with red garnet

• Studded leather armor x2 (both bloodied)
  • MW scimitar (Shadya)
  • Mundane scimitar x3 (2 bloodied)
  • Dagger (large)
  • Sack x2
  • Waterskin x2 (Party)
  • Trail rations x14 (Party)

• Vial of clear, odorless liquid x2

Nothing was divided, we did have time to detect magic it at some point, which we never actually did. So do you mind letting us know what was magic Mr GM? I'm also in favor of party funds helping with identifies.[/sblock]

Solange

First Post
Rae ArdGaoth said:
"Shadya, love, how could I forget you?" Hayder pulls Shadya in closer for a tight embrace. "You cannot understand the worry of a father, but with Sabil's daughter still missing... It concerns me, to see him so distressed. But please, you all must be exhausted from you journey. Let me take you to my house, I will provide rooms for you." He looks to Shadya for confirmation.
Shadya nods in confirmation, "I look forward to a nice room to shield us from the sun and wind, and a soft bed to sleep in."

"Sabil's daughter is still gone? Perhaps I should have asked of her in the wetlands, but I thought not of it. How is Rais doing? I'm sure Rafiq and Amin have grown quite big in my absense. It might not be safe to tease them anymore... not that I would do such a thing Father."

[sblock=GM]I see Shadya as having been a little wild in her youth, perhaps being tamed a bit by the strange lands, and letting loose a little now that she is back home and with her family. She was also young when she left, so she wasn't the most mature of people then, and could revert to it a bit with her siblings.[/sblock]

Remove ads