Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

Scotley

Hero
Songs are sung and the ship is once more worked over with wards, runes and protective magics. Finally, a sign of land is sited. A small finger of rock covered with birds sticks from the sea. A group of birds like this must indicate that more land is near.

Scotley

Hero
The next two days again prove uneventful. The ship's charts prove reliable in the environs of Crosscroft and the Retribution comes into the harbor just after noon on the second day after sighting land. An officious looking middle aged Halfling in a Port Authority uniform is waiting as the ship approaches the dock. Before he can say anything, Dowager Hepplewhite and a brace of her sons descend on the the poor little fellow and practically drag him away. He does manage to pass his clipboard with a stack of important looking documents to a youthful looking underling with mops of curly hair on both head and feet. He approaches nervously asking to see the Captain. The poor lad gets Micheal to sign a few forms, but the usual mast to keel inspection the Halfling's here are famous for is limited to a few nervous glances by the poor lad. "Um, is there anything else I can do for you Captain Sir?"

J. Alexander

First Post
Michael will thank him and say no
Turning to willium and guiesspie he says quick start going to shore and buying up whale oil and seal furs etc

Then to magrum off to the ship brokers lets tie up charters for the spring

Michael will then set himself to going ashore while the passangers are unloaded
Trying to find a commoddited broker etc

Scotley

Hero
OOC: I think I may have screwed up. Was your intention to put ashore in Crosscroft as I wrote or go on to the Northern Capital of Bronhelm?

Scotley

Hero
There is a small commodities market in Crosscroft. The biggest houses of brokers seem to be Proudfoot, Hadders and Underhill or Inner Sea Partners.

J. Alexander

First Post
Michael will visit all four as quickly as he may.."he leave orders that no one is to be disembarked for the next 90 minutes" he will attempt to buy all the available whale oil, seal skins etc they have available.

Scotley

Hero
It is late in the season and prices for these goods is pretty low. He is able to buy a great quantity at 10% below normal market value, though by the time he reaches the last house the price locally has started to rise and he gets only a 5% premium there.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases