Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

J. Alexander

First Post
Michael will gesture for the crew to stand down...and will address they officer. "Welcome aboard the Retribtuion..if you would follow me to my cabin I will be most intereseted in assiting as best i can"

Michael leads the way to his cabin...signaling chandar and Grond to attend.

Scotley

Hero
While all the Marines follow only two attend the officer to match Chandar and Grond within the cabin. A pair of the others take station at the door of the cabin while the final two stay on deck where they can be seen from the Imperial ship. "I am Imperial Protocol Officer OberMajor Kepler. Your ship is most impressively turned out Captain. Since I have found it to be presentable I am to offer you a sail by review of the Imperial Barge. Rumors of your exploits have reached the court. Many are curious and so a review seemed in order before your visit with the Empress. If your crew members lack formal uniforms we can provide access to the fleet tailors."

J. Alexander

First Post
It is a pleasure to meet you OberMajor Kepler and I do appreciate your comments. We do try just a little harder aboard our ship in regards to appearence and such...and while the offer of your tailolrs is deeply appreciated as well i think you will find the formal uniforms of my crew more than acceptable.

May I offer you and your men some refreshments while you explain what is required of us.

Scotley

Hero
"Thank you Captain, we have breakfasted, but would be honored to accept some light refreshment as it may take some time to work out all the particulars."

J. Alexander

First Post
Michael will pull the bell rope and ask Gueisspee to request light refreshments from Master Grumbar before returning his attention to the gentlemen.

"It should be just a few moments, gentlemen" then pausing briefly "Shall we proceed"

Scotley

Hero
Soon tea with honey, cream and fresh lemons, as well as grapes and a nice smoked cheese and some small cakes arrive. He obviously was working on it before asked.

"Your hospitality is appreciated Captain. I am told the Empress wishes to speak with you in the salon. That is a rare honor for someone who is neither a holder of significant title nor a servant of the Empire." He pauses and sips his tea for a moment before continuing. "How can I put this delicately? Your being a relative unknown at Court puts you at a disadvantage. There are those around the Empress who will strive to delay or prevent your audience simply to flaunt their power. The current court has become very jealous of their access to the Empress. The old Emperor was quite elderly and in poor health for many years allowing sycophants to establish a complex hierarchy and web of protocols. The young Empress has not managed to untangle that web in her short reign. Indeed, having always known it, she may not realize that things could be handled differently. " He stares at you trying to gage your reaction to this news. He is clearly very uncomfortable. "Her calling you in for a special summons to a private interview has caused considerable..." he hesitates looking for the right word. "...upheaval. An unprecedented level of stonewalling, obstruction and circumlocution has arisen."

J. Alexander

First Post
Taking a sip of tea before he responds Michael wll say "A perplexing knot indeed and one ripe for mischief and abuse. The key though is if I myself play their game..which I do not..the Empress summoned me and I will await that auidence when she wishes it to occur no sooner not later. I can well devote any delays to my commerical endevaors and if I judge it correctly the events themself will force the hand of those wishing to delay the auidence. I need do nothing to provoke them or cause the empress regret or concern."

Scotley

Hero
OOC: And I was going to get you embroiled in such fun with some powerful nobles too!

"Very good Captain." Kepler gives you the details of what to wear (and not to wear--weapons and offensive magic) as well as the proper actions, greetings etc. The ritual for the private salon is relatively uncomplicated compared to the formal court. Unfortunately, you will be required to come to the visitors lounge on the Imperial Barge with no more than one body guard and two servants/assistants. It is possible that you might have to wait for days until you are summoned. The 'lounge' is really more like a nice hotel so it is not as burdensome as might be expected.

J. Alexander

First Post
"I do appreciate your briefing and attention to details' Michale says "I am in your debit indeed for your candor" "I will prepare my crew and attendants and shall be ready withing 90 minues of your summons"

is there anything else?

Scotley

Hero
"I believe you have all that I can provide Captain. Please have your ship ready for review tomorrow. Here are the coordinates to sail today. A ship will meet you with an updated position for your sail by tomorrow afternoon. After than stay within site of the Imperial Barge until I call for you for your audience. And thank you again for your hospitality."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases