Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

J. Alexander

First Post
Michael will set out to the Sailor's Aid Society to pick up his crew. As he goes along he will look for a prosperous law office. Finding one he will briefly step in and ask if he could perhaps have 10 minutes of one of the attroneys time and will produce a bank draft for 250 gold pieces.

Scotley

Hero
At the Sailor's aid society he does not find the men, it is just a small office that handles mail, messaging and other services for seamen. He can leave a message and is told that yes, a man named Barnaby White has been in every day this week.

Michael soon finds himself in the well appointed offices of the venerable firm of Arbult, Stilwell, Chase, Smith and Waraxe. A mixed firm of humans and dwarves. You are soon seated opposite a junior lawyer, a young dwarf named Mortimer Firmhand. "What can I do for you today Captain?"

J. Alexander

First Post
Michale will leave instructions for Barnaby White as towhere the Retribution is located and ask him to join us with his party. Michael will scribble a draft for 50 gold out to him and enclose it to cover any expenses they have incurred.

I hope Mr. Firmhand you can refer me to a lawyer skilled in native rights and empire civil rights and who is willing to travel to represent me. I find myself in need of good legal aid in order to prevent the abuse of my workers.

Scotley

Hero
The sailor's aid society will see that the message and funds are given to Mr. White upon his return.

At the law offices. "Ah a complex issue no doubt requiring a cousel of great skill. Where and under what court will the matter be heard?" , asks Firmhand

J. Alexander

First Post
It will be heard on the Island of Terger, that is all the information I have. Needless to say, the local judge has more or less caused my builiding project to come to a standstill due to his racial views and has made great insult to the local chieftians. Tis a sad mess that I would like to see ended but without to many ruffled feathrs....

Scotley

Hero
"I see, this does present somewhat of a challenge. If any of the parties involved are of noble birth it will be particularly difficult. The Wheelands, and Tregere in particular have a lot of protections of the nobility relative to non-humans."

J. Alexander

First Post
"Yes i belive there are numerous minor lordlings involved but the actualy construction and property is held under an imperial lease for 200 years thus i am hoping Imperial law will have some bearing.

Scotley

Hero
"Ah yes, Imperial Law does hold some sway, but keep in mind that the Empire does not often impinge in the hereditary rights of the nobility. In the plague years local courts have been dominant and the new Empress is young and untested. The Empire has been loath to make trouble with the nobility. You have a very sticky problem on your hands. We have some excellent lawyers well trained in such matters. Are you interested in someone well versed in negotiation to try and find a compromise that will allow work to continue, or would you rather employee a more aggressive lawyer to try and turn the tables?"

Scotley

Hero
OOC: You didn't think this was going to be easy did you? I've been working on this one since before Contrall's body was even cold...

J. Alexander

First Post
"A compromise would be acceptable if they are willing and the terms are fair, that way everybody wins but if necessary I will get aggressive in the courts..Can you do this or will you refer me to another firm"

OCC:NO Commetn

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases