Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

Scotley

Hero
"Nonsense my good man. A sale doth a broker make in my book." He summons the bartender to get Michael a drink. "Now tell me about this vessel you have on the market Captain."

J. Alexander

First Post
Ships Selling

Michale will describe the prize to the gentlmen.."She needs some work and major refit for sure..but a fine seabird nonetheless...and very speedy.

Scotley

Hero
"I see, so she's got a fair bit of combat damage. Hmmm, well I'd need to go over her good to make a proper offer. Is she in port now? We've still got some decent daylight left today if you're willing, I'll grab a couple of my lads, refitters, and come down for a look."

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Would I do such a thing? Surely not! :]

The trip down to the port is uneventful. The two men from Hanford's team, one dwarf and one human, join you and chat amiably as you venture along. They seem competent fellows if somewhat coarse as you might expect of construction workers. Even Michael must admit the burned hulk of the pirate vessel doesn't make a very impressive sight. However, it is soon clear that the Hanford and his men have seen little combat themselves and they are suitably awed by the bloodstains and damage. "Must have been some struggle to take this one," Hanford comments.

J. Alexander

First Post
Selling the Ship

"Yes she was very difficult to take...had i the time I would refit her myself but since I dont I am willing to sell her for a reasonable price."

Scotley

Hero
Hanford taps thumb and forefinger against his lower lip considering, "Yes, I can see she'll be laid up quite some time. It will be weeks, perhaps months before I can get a return on my investment..." He confers briefly with his men. "So Captain, what do you consider a 'reasonable price?'"

J. Alexander

First Post
'Hmmmm, there you have me Mr. Hanford, I am totally unfamilare with the pricing here in Bronhome...I do know what she is worth repaired but in her current condition I am at a loss as I have not taken any bids for repair etc...so off the top of my head...I will take a 1/3 of her value as if she were completly refitted...that should leave you ample room for repair and a profit of your own...I have found it best if everyone can win in a bargin and I do hope that should I come across others that I can not repair that you would remeber this deal fondly and be willing to purchase them also..."

Remove ads