Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

Scotley

Hero
Barnaby White is a sailor perhaps 35-years-old and he appears to be a Shieldlander based on name and style of clothes. He is an experienced nco. He is leading the group of 2 dozen sailors that came from Cambre. He is also bringing two tons of preserved supplies. "The men are billeted at a sailor's hostel. We worked our way here, so there are no travel expenses, but they will need 4 days cheap lodging. They've had some liberty and likely spent most of the their money, and so are eager to get back to work."

OOC: Grond is still in need of a little more healing/rest, but certainly able to chat and take light duty.

Scotley

Hero
Guissippi reports that 4 sailors, a human carpenter, a gnomish glassblower and a dwarven smith have applied for work following your announcement of employment at the tulip towers.

J. Alexander

First Post
Hearing the man's tale Michale will welcome him aboard and send Guiessipe with him with enought coin to pay the men's lodging etc...and returnt with them to the ship...

He will then go down to his cabin and speak to Grond.

OCC: The group from Cambry should be from 13 to 18 years or age or that was the recruiting angle.......

Scotley

Hero
Hearing the man's tale Michale will welcome him aboard and send Guiessipe with him with enought coin to pay the men's lodging etc...and returnt with them to the ship...

He will then go down to his cabin and speak to Grond.

OCC: The group from Cambry should be from 13 to 18 years or age or that was the recruiting angle.......

Michael soon learns that Barnaby was added to the list of hires, both because he was an unusually able sailor, a good man as well as because your factor in Cambre thought the lads needed a chaperon. The two dozen are average age 16.

Grond is sitting up looking bored from being confined to a bed.

J. Alexander

First Post
Satisified that he now has a good strong nucleus for crews Michael will order that the ship be made ready in two days to sail. He emphaises that the time is to be spent in training the men in the location of places on the ship and will sweeten it to the general crew by offering them a gold piece if they will serve as a mentor to a new crew member for the two day period.

Michael will then go vist grond.."I see that you had quite an adventure"

Scotley

Hero
All the new folks find mentors under the gold piece deal.

Grond nods, "That dammed chieftain didn't play fair, but at least I got us some good stout recruits. I think they'll be a strong addition to the crew. Did I miss anything around here while I was gone?"

J. Alexander

First Post
"No nothing really exicted happend.....I hired an attroney at a heavy cost to straighten out things on Tergere so we dont have to get physical about it...the recruits are in place now and we will sail in two days..we have added many recruits and we agreed in coucil to sell the ship we took and use the funds to outfit the others properly...in addition we will sail as a intack crew and use the time and strenght of numbers for Impariel and Mangrum to build their own working crews..but we will still recruit on the way up and back....

Is the chieftian something we should deal with now or can it wait?

Scotley

Hero
"It would be only for personal revenge. His power does not extend far enough to threaten us. I hope that his petty actions will cause him to lose his status. Some of his best warriors have abandoned the tribe due to his actions." He smiles, "All good news. I am eager to set sail."

OOC: Anything else you want to do before you set sail? You should check your mail before you leave...

J. Alexander

First Post
Michael will check his mail each day before sailing and will post letters to his factors, realtions etc stating that he is leaving towards Icewatch and that letters can be sent to Tergere and will be forwarded to him.

He will also ask Willum about the Mercernary company..but that is all the business he has....

Scotley

Hero
Michael finds that he has mail from Gaspar dePettiebone, esquire. Postmarked Tregere with an address of the finest inn there, such as it is.

The letter is on expensive stationary and sealed with wax magiced to prevent tampering by anyone but the designed recipient.

Fleet Captain Stormwarden,

It is with some trepidation that I send this missive. Your situation in Tregere presents a most interesting challenge. The local aristocracy and judiciary is aligned in opposition to your interests there. The judges, while not outright admitting that they are hostile, none the less take every opportunity to place barriers in my path. They seem willing to entertain the most outrageous and spurious motions forcing me to spend countless hours writing briefs defending these basely and wholly unrelated issues. I have been attempting to achieve a change of venue to a more favorable court or to involve Imperial authority to at least keep the local judges honest, but have met with limited success. At least some work is being done on-site for the time being. Once the local cabal realized that I was serious in my intentions to fight them they resorted to baser tactics. I was accosted bodily by a gang of toughs who suggested that I had made untoward advances to their sister. Again a spurious and basely claim, which seems to be a hallmark of their modius. I had not in fact met the lady and am not sure she even exists. If not for certain powerful magical protections that I maintain on my person at considerable expense I consider it likely they would have rendered significant harm and perhaps even mortal wounds upon me. As it stands I escaped their ambuscade with hardly a hair out of place. I have taken to traveling everywhere in the company of a brace of the local chieftain's household guard. As odious and base a pair of fellows as I have ever had the displeasure to encounter. However, these are difficult times and I must make such sacrifices in the cause of our endeavor. It is of course early days, but I must admit I had expected to make progress more quickly. The late noble's sister has proved a worthy foe and I fear this will be a protracted battle. I will send further correspondence as new developments arise.

Yours faithfully,
Gaspar dePettiebone, Esquire

Remove ads