Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

Scotley

Hero
"A reasonable precaution. I'd say 25 gp will be more than enough to make them feel like Kings in the great city. At least for the three days. I expect the locals will have no trouble getting the money from our men." She smiles, "I'm sure the crew will have tales to tell when they return."

J. Alexander

First Post
Bronhelm

Looking at the Priestess he says "Then we have an agreement, would you please inform the men, I wil have the money ready for distribution this evening" Michael will then ask Captain Imparrel to arrange for distribution of the money then thinking outload..You know we proably now have reached the point were we need a paymaster.....perhaps while we are here we can find one...." Michael will then vist the the sorceress and ask her to look for protective and detection magic items during our stay here......."I know I am parnoid..but to much is afoot for us not to be careful...and while were at it....you may as well look into so wands or rings for yourself within reason......"

And once again he will set back and await developemtns...by the way lol how much did he make for transporting the cargo :)

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Michael made a very generous 5,000 gp for the short haul cargo of Clan McKay. Now he'll need to sell the beer and any other goods to find the total profit from the trip.

Nac'Losin agrees, a paymaster would be good, "but shouldn't you recruit someone from the ranks that has proved trustworthy rather than an unknown outsider. Perhaps a corporal of Marines or a 3rd mate?"

Remona smiles at the chance to go shopping. "I'll see what I can find."

J. Alexander

First Post
Bronhel

"Your right,,, please let it be known that there will be a competitive examination for this post....that is if your willilnng to proctor it so as to reassure everyone of it's merit basis"

"You may as well go shopping as well...priestess"

Scotley

Hero
"Very well, I can conduct such a test. And I can certainly find something interesting in the shops of the Capital." The cigar finished, she tosses the remains into the sea and sighs contentedly.

Scotley

Hero
The officers begin to trickle back slowly. They are somewhat daunted by the great size of the Captial. It is vast in comparison to any place they have ever been. Grond reports that there is a village of his kind on the Island, but that it will be a two day journey into the mountains each way.

Willum returns saying he has had no luck as yet. (your dm doesn't remember the details of Cambre recruits, did this involve Marin?)

Chandar and Imparell return somewhat frustrated. The locals here don't seem too inclined to want to join an amphibian crew and they only made a few contacts. Mangram however, finds plenty of willing recruits.

A shudder runs through Michael's money pouch as Remona announces that she and Nac'Losin have decided to get up early and make a day of their shopping trip together. They are retiring early to be well rested.

J. Alexander

First Post
The Capital

When Grond arrives back with his information, Michael will ask him if he wants to go on that trip........either to hire them as crew or workers/residents for the complex on Tergere...he will stresst the unique advantage that having residents psions etc would have for their overall effort and powerbase but leave the decision up to him.

When Willum returns he will just ask him to keep a look out as they should be there..
OCC: The household cook was asked to find numerous young lads bewteen 13 and 18 who needed employment and ship them this way along with her home preserves........it was in the first thread one of the letters to Francis Mittero i think...

"I kinda expected as much, Michael says, "so we will continue as before and recruit when we can from other islands"

Elated by Mangrum's success he asks how many and when will the begin to present themself...

MIchael has nightmares about the two of them together shopping ")

Scotley

Hero
Grond would like the chance to go inland though he has reservations about leaving Michael alone for so long. "You do tend to attract trouble you know."

Remove ads