Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

Scotley

Hero
The fight is a terrible one the Dire Wolf cavalry gives the enemy considerable advantage, but your men rally once more and with the aid of the new found allies the enemy is slowly pushed back. Once more you make progress toward the docks. The old salt, Aberdeen, reaches you. "I suppose our meeting shall have to be postponed. I fear I must shut down my offices in Icewatch," he laughs the excitement of battle upon him. "I've hated these Northmen Necromancers every day I've been here. It is a singular joy to finally show them how I really feel. Come on boys, let us fight our way to the docks he calls to his men."

You link up with Mangram's rear guard soon enough and Aberdeen and his people make for a ship in long boats recently used by the raiders. "I make for the open sea on the Golden Eel, perhaps we'll meet again under better circumstances." You notice some of his people carry bags filled with records and coins. "Captain, I've a small store of walrus tusk and ambergris in that warehouse." He points to a small building down the way. "If you've the opportunity to load it I say you are welcome to it. My own ship is full to the top and I don't figure to come back." He gives you a salute and his men pull for a large three master out in the harbor.

At the ship Nac'Losin begins sorting the wounded into those who must have care immediately, those who will have to wait and those who might as well return to duty despite their wounds as their treatment will be greatly delayed.

Grumbar has managed to organize a repair crew and get some some sails and rigging restored. "I've got 40% sail and the rudder will hold in all but the harshest seas. We can have 60% sail within the hour, but more than that will take some time." Men are busy pulling canvas and lines from the stores and getting them aloft while others cut away that ruined during the attack.

Chandar brings the largest of the dire wolf heads as a trophy.

The small city of Icewatch is in chaos. The small force of Imperial troops is still struggling to figure out what has happened. Most ships are leaving the harbor with whatever cargo they have aboard and what sailors they can recover.

J. Alexander

First Post
"We will not run this day" Michael says so that all can hear "Repair the ship Master Grumbar we will sail when we choose not when we are forced"..."Priestess see to the men, I know your taxed but do what you can, the ships stores are yours to command as needed to save our crew members" "Captain Imperial, form three squads, go to any temple or healer, beg barter or if necessary take by force but pay them regardless anything that the priestess needs to help restore our crew:

Cpt Mangrum, if you please form a fire company and a squad for protection and lets start putting out the fires closet to us. Confiscate any fire equipment you need and tell Grond or Col. Chandar of any items, cargos you come across that can be salvaged.

Col. Chandar get a crew of men to skin those dire beasts, we will leave no trophy for our foes. You have defense of the area until i return. One warning then attack anyone who approaches and does not declare friend or foe.. Grond form up your comapny and two squads from the ship, I want t the warehouses searched and all goods compensated as well as all that is left of our foes equipments. Wilum take a stout escourt and summon the imperial representative, we have been attacked and wish to report the incident to the local authorities" Michael says this in such a way as to make it more or less a joke " I imagine they will want statments of what happened so please see to it that a scribe takes each crew members statment to be coutersigned by the imperial representative but they are to relate what they saw the are not to be cross examinded."

Guiesspie gather three squads along with your rifle squad, we go to scout the area and see what we can do to help.l
While the necessary crews gather, Michael will begin to form eldritch blast using water as the pass and start shooting forth cones of water to help quell the fires.

Scotley

Hero
Michael is somewhat disheartened at the number of able bodied men he can muster. But they set out to comply with his orders as best they can.

Mangram's men begin doing the best they can with the fires having more luck with those in reach of the ships hoses, but less so further out. The dark flames have rendered a two block area of the district completely uninhabitable. Water sprayed at them freezes in the air. They at least seem to damp out the regular flames for some distance around and they have stopped spreading. Their mysterious and disturbing nature has contributed to the general panic.

As Aberdeen said there is a modest but valuable cargo of Ambergris and walrus tusk in the nearby warehouse. The men also locate some barrels of dried fish and what fresh vegetables can be had from a market stall on the other side--potatoes, parsnips, cabbages and kale. A pretty good collection of fine hunters weapons, short bows, spears, knives and harpoons as well as hide and leather armors of types that will seem exotic back in the Empire proper. These things sell particularly well among the Orcs. Some local jewelry and charms may be worth something as well. None of it is made of especially rich materials, mostly silver, whale bone and semi-precious stones, but again it will be considered exotic and primitive back home. With the furs you can largely fill the holds. It is very late in the season and Icewatch harbor will be locked in ice in a few days. Most of the warehouses are already empty or contain cargo of the least value that none have chosen to buy.

The group sent to the temples found rather less. Many locals were hurt in the panic following the battle and the temples are full of hurt people. A few of the undead began to wander about causing destruction when the old man was destroyed. Many other were hurt in the fires. Local healers are no doubt hole up somewhere treating those on the other side. None the less a few healers, some potions, scrolls and even a wand or two were found. Willum returns reporting that representatives of the Imperial presence are on their way and takes up a wand as well as a couple of the scrolls and joins Nac'Losin in dispensing cures.

The warehouse nearest the ship from which the attack was launched is nothing but ashes at this point yielding little that is helpful. Rings of blackened stones on the floor were likely used to scry and summon the fog using some sort of primitive divine magic. At least there are several bodies within suggesting some of their spell casters were lost in the bombardment.

A party of Imperial troops can be seen approaching slowly with the Port Authority and a young woman dressed in ermine furs. Strangely, a couple of Chandar's marines are with them.

J. Alexander

First Post
Endings

Michael will finaly withdraw seeing that there is no other angel to prusue. He sends runners out to all of the detachments with a recall order. Once everyone is reassembled he will order a 1/3 pattern. one to guard, one to rest and one to repair the ship.

Scotley

Hero
The runners go out and you realize that the young woman with the Imperial Port Authority is Marjory York. The Authority calls out, "Permission to come aboard Captain?"

Last edited:

Scotley

Hero
The Port Authority man comes aboard with a handful of men, Marjory and the bodyguards you loaned her. The rest of the men take up stations on the dock and nearby in a perimeter. They may be late to the scene, but they are putting on a very professional showing now.

"Captain, I've heard some very disturbing accounts of what happened here this morning would you please enlighten me with your side of the story."

It is obvious that Marjory would like to speak as well, but she moves to the rail and defers to the Port Authority for now. Guessippe goes to speak with her.

J. Alexander

First Post
In a no nonsense tone Michael will reply so that those around him can clearly hear it as well "We were subjected to a well cordinated attack by dark, foul forces this morning" he says as he points to the undead whale, the boats behind it then to the warehouse..crates etc."Had it not been for the courage and self scrafice of my crew lead by the priestess and Col. Chandar we would have been overwhelmed in their opening attack. Their stalwart deffense and counter attack gave my crew time to rally and we then proceeded to exercise our right of self defense"

Scotley

Hero
"I see", he says fixing the disgusting hulk of the whale with a look of contempt. "It seems we've had a good bit of undead activity this morning. My office has been besieged with reports."

J. Alexander

First Post
"I can only speak to the undead here" Michale says "But i would not doubt that more are afoot, there is a strong almost overwhelig presence of dark magic about two block away. That is where our oppnets leaders fell"

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases