Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

Scotley

Hero
"Sorry about that madam" Have you decided?

"I have an offer to make. You provide transport for the 15 of us in modest accommodations and one ton of furnishings and other personal goods. In addition you select the goods you wish to transport from our warehouse. I will arrange for sale of those goods through my factors and a very good price when we land. We split the sale price of the goods down the middle. If you take even a few of tons of goods you should make a decent profit on the passenger and freight. If you take more then we both come out ahead."

You can see why the family lets the old lady run things clearly she is a tough negotiator.

Scotley

Hero
When he has a minute, Michael will send the following messeage via the pearl earing and necklace to his factor on Terger

My Dear Pador Losin
Please send out the following message under my signature and seal:

In the next week start buying as much food stuff as you can as well as arms and amour, all the tobacco you can find on the island and spirits. We return more or less directly to Terger after this terrible battle here and will need replacements etc. Start recruiting as many crews as you can for our little fleet and hiring additional base personnel for Terger. It is my desire that you have the 5 companies of longrifle men up and running by our return and firmly ensconced in the local community.

More later
Michael

They will be sent post haste and I shall set about establishing the troops and purchases.

PL

J. Alexander

First Post
Laughing out loud michael will say "Damn i love ur style madam especially when u truly have no position to negiogate from! I agree but u will have ti have the cargo up to 4 tons loaded yourself my crew needs to rest and i will offer the best accomidations we can giving the curcumstances. Oh and u will need to select the goods u know how much money u will need

Scotley

Hero
"I do understand your's is not normally a passenger liner and we will adapt to whatever conditions we must. I'll set my people to retrieving 4 tons of our best merchandise immediately." She turns and sets her three sons to work leading teams of her people to their home and warehouse to gather their things. She returns to the home to select some particular things herself.

Willum heads a ashore to spread the word.

J. Alexander

First Post
Sensing an even bigger opportunity should icewatch become involved in a siegr and trading disrupted for acseason or two michael will order the last two cargo holds opened (hold of holding) tgat he had installed at the capital which creates an additional 40 tons of dpace

Scotley

Hero
The retribution can get another 7 tons of cargo loaded by waiting to the very last minute to sail. Mostly lesser furs, whale oil and good seal skin. The sky has turned gray with unnatural speed and the wind is picking up. It is mid-afternoon and the clouds are so thick it is already getting dark. Something nasty is coming out of the north and Nac'Losin keeps looking at the sky and shaking her head then looking meaningfully at Michael.

He nets nine more passengers in addition to the berths filled by the Port Authority.

Relatively few of the folks remaining are empowered to sell the facilities here and little enough is offered. Representatives do offer a low Tavern known as the Grey Walrus, a coffee shop and a modest Inn called the Three Pips.

However, Dowager Hepplewhite is planning on moving out. She has a block of 5 elegant town homes in a complex that includes a stable, carriage house, separate shared kitchen, servants quarters, and a small suite of offices. In addition there is a large general mercantile store and associated warehouse. They have a slip with two small dories and dock space for one medium cargo ship.

Remove ads