Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

Scotley

Hero
The fellow is dressed in a spotless and carefully pressed blue uniform. He is the model of cool professionalism. "Just routine safety and cargo inspection Captain. The usual, where have you been, what are you carrying and what do you plan to offload? Will your sailors be coming ashore and who should the watch contact if they get into trouble?" He looks around and then returns his gaze to you. "Speaking of trouble it appears you've had a bit your self." This last is voiced as a question.

J. Alexander

First Post
we have a mixed cargo of goods most recently whale oil and trade goods from icewatch . In addition we carry passangers and their cargos from icewatch as well as they wished to flee and their passage was booked by the imperial port authority there . Yes we have seen some trouble there and were the last ship to sail from the port. As to our sailors u may contact any officer in their regards. i will need to find warehouse space before we unload or engage in direct transfers

Scotley

Hero
we have a mixed cargo of goods most recently whale oil and trade goods from icewatch . In addition we carry passangers and their cargos from icewatch as well as they wished to flee and their passage was booked by the imperial port authority there . Yes we have seen some trouble there and were the last ship to sail from the port. As to our sailors u may contact any officer in their regards. i will need to find warehouse space before we unload or engage in direct transfers

"This is news to me. What exactly has happened at Icewatch? You might well need to speak with my supervisor."

"We aren't premitted to recommend any particular warehouse provider, but I'm sure you'll be able to find space if you visit the longshoreman's guild. There is a listing of available space there."

J. Alexander

First Post
Good good. I shall see him in the early afternoon if that is acceptable

Michael will then delay the off loading of passangers by one hour and will head himself directly to the merchants matket he visited earlier to see what he can buy on the spot market vv

Scotley

Hero
Good good. I shall see him in the early afternoon if that is acceptable

Michael will then delay the off loading of passangers by one hour and will head himself directly to the merchants matket he visited earlier to see what he can buy on the spot market vv

Clearly the fellow doesn't like being left out, but having no authority to compel you to speak on a matter that did not happen in his domain he acquiesces. "Very well, I will complete my inspection of your vessel and then go and fetch my supervisor. Port Lord Stonebender will be most interested in what you have to say. Please keep all persons and goods aboard until I have completed my inspection."

He gives the ship a complete going over. Dowager Hepplewhite and her sons are lined up waiting to leave and growing ever more impatient with the fellows plodding careful examination. He makes several notes as he goes. "Captain, as I'm sure you are aware there are customs duties to paid on items being transported from Icewatch. Any such goods offloaded will need to be tagged and logged by customs officers before you may move them from the ship. How much of the cargo you carry do you plan to offload today? I shall send enough customs men to process all that you plan for."

He has rather heated discussion with the Hepplewhites, but in the end agrees that since her goods originated in the Empire proper, for she has the paperwork to prove it. That even though they recently arrived from Icewatch they are not subject to the duties.

J. Alexander

First Post
"I will not offload any today, on second thought as I must first secure cargo space, my i ask that tomorrow afternoon you inspectors arrive for a inventory and payment of duties?"

Michael will dither and drag it out as long as possilbe in order to give guisseippe and willum time to secure the easy oil and futures.

Scotley

Hero
The extra time will allow the Hepplewhites to offload all their stuff first which will no doubt make them happy as well. The Port Authority man agrees to send inspector's tomorrow, though their will be a man present during the unloading of the other goods to make sure nothing with a duty is unloaded. He will return in the early afternoon with his supervisor Port Lord Stonebender. He gives you a report of his inspection that includes some needed repairs you must make before sailing again. You would have no doubt made such repairs anyway. But it will require you to stay here at least a week.

J. Alexander

First Post
Michael will prepare to stay for ten days
First he will continue on about the commodities and the next day secure warehousing space and see about comissioning ship repairs

Scotley

Hero
It seems that word has gotten out about your need of space. A couple of gentlemen representing storage agencies have dropped off calling cards at the ship.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases