Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

Scotley

Hero
The officers are obviously pleased with the news and it is clear that they are forming lists in there heads already. The voyage continues without incident. Nac'Losin leans in and suggests you make plans to resolve conflict between officers who each select the same men for their boats lest they come to blows. Her remark is at least partly in jest, but it does have merit.

Padar Losin replies that he has secured a couple of hulks for refit and that he's working on land deals, but that one of the local noble families is making some trouble.

OOC: I finally get some time to post and you're out of town. :(

J. Alexander

First Post
In response to her advice, Michael says "But there within lies their first true test as captains Priestess, the ability to know what is important enougth to pick a fight over or great ill will over and what is not" then taking a sip..."if they fail then I will know what assignments to give them and wait till more suitable captains can be found"

Responding to PL michale will simply tell him to do his best.

Michale will then pass word that in two days time there shall be a rest day onboard and that each man will only be alloted a half days works as their is sufficent crew to cover everthing.

Scotley

Hero
"Very good Captain, but then you don't have to heal their wounds if they come to blows," she adds with a chuckle.

There is a cheer from the crew at the day or at least half day of rest.

The Retribution continues to make good time. You begin to see a lot of other ships by the third day. At least more traffic than is normal suggesting you are approaching the wake of the Imperial Fleet.

J. Alexander

First Post
As they near the imperial fleet, Michael will have the crew clean the ship and get it sparkling and have all the uniforms laudered etc..in effect cleaning the whole ship once again which should not be a problem after the massive repair and reworking that was done...now it should just be maineteance cleaning.

He will order the formal black silk sail with the red double war eagle crest raised in place of the standard sail.

Scotley

Hero
Another day of cleaning and sail changes brings you deeper into the fleet. Local ships come and go bring food and other goods to the Imperial Fleet. You awaken to the smells of Grumbar's cooking and are just considering slipping from beneath the cozy blankets when calls come from on high for the officer on duty.

Soon there is a knock at your quarters. Dawn has revealed a sleek dangerous looking ship bearing the Imperial Naval colors. The ship isn't much bigger than the Retribution, but is looks to be of the latest design and armed for war. It has approached carefully during the night and lays off the windward quarter about a half mile. Once the sun is just up it is clear that the ship means to close with you.

J. Alexander

First Post
One of the powers he must bow before Michael will order the ship to slow so the imperial vessel can close.."If my guess is right, they will ask me to board to be taken to the imperial palace...i will take gueisspie, grond, the two cabin boys and willum as my escourt..if you do not hear from me in three days..make inquires and if they are negative sail to Terger"

Scotley

Hero
The ship does close as you slow. The sleek vessel is strangely hazy at is nears. While some details like common ship's weapons and Imperial markings are quite clear other details seem lost in the mist and haze. Perhaps hiding unusual features and secret weapons. NacLosin joins you puffing on a cigar. "Neat trick that. Might be worth figuring out how it is done." She looks at the approaching ship with curiosity and you sense her casting a detect magic as the ship gets into range to look at the weave. "They are looking us over as well," she announces matter of factually. A sparkle of flickering blue light flits about the Retribution from end to end and waterline to maintop looking like a bit of St. Elmo's fire, but a tingle on the back of your neck tells you something more is happening.

The ship glides up and matches course about 75' away. A small group of marines in light armor and fine uniforms stand on the foredeck and a man in the colors of the Imperial House guard speaks through a trumpet. "Hail the Retribution! Permission to come aboard? I would like to converse with Captain Stormwarden." Chandar turns out a squad of your own best people and you sense everyone standing at attention though no such order was given. Everybody seems to be trying to look their best.

OOC: I think we are also looking for a post from Andrew over the Constables game.

J. Alexander

First Post
Turning to the priestess Michale whispers "if this is a well staged trap in order to get me, take the dagger and throw it into the depths of the sea. you are to surrender it to know one not even me unless you are 100 percent satisfied it is me acting on my own free will" and hands her the keys to the strongbox and chains that contain the box.

Permission Granted, and Welcome.."Michale calls out and orders the ship to slow,

Scotley

Hero
There is a sudden rush of air as the Officer and squad of Marines is suddenly standing near you on the quarter deck their posture defensive. Various wards and alarms are triggered by the sudden magical approach, but they do not appear to intend harm. Chandar is immediately at your side hand on hilt and various weapons are trained on the newcomers by your crew, who were startled, but recovered quickly. The Officer pointedly ignores the threat of the weapons and smiles pleasantly. "Good Morning Captain. Thank you for your time. I represent the Imperial Protocol office I would like to discuss your upcoming audience with you. There are several important points you should be aware of."

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases