Island Empire - A Warlock Alone Part2

J. Alexander

First Post
Tulip Towers

Motioing for Guiseepie to take a man and go ahead and secure a barge, Michael will speak softly to Grond...."The Lt's lady friend it seems needs our help it going North and has prevailed upon the young Lt to intercede on her behalf.......watch her and be ready to take her out..I am wondering if she is not connected with our Northere Friends" Michael will the make his way along to the barge once again extending his senses to see if he can snare anyone like Guiesspii in order to add to the crew..."

Scotley

Hero
Bronhelm

There is no shortage of young men about. Likely many of them are sailors, the trick will be finding a good one at loose ends.

OOC: How about a spot check?

Scotley

Hero
OOC: Damn, I guess with numbers like that I'll have to come up with something...

Two lads are having an arguement. Both are wearing what appear to be uniforms with any badges or insignia recently ripped off.

J. Alexander

First Post
The Two Lads

Walking up to the young lads, Michael will say.."Would you gentlemen be willing to guide me to the Tuilp Towers, I am afraid all these different canals etc can get confusing...that is if you can suspend your argument for a while" at which point he will produce several gold coins.

Scotley

Hero
One of the lads seems bound and determined to argue, "if you hadn't insisted that we use the number three line rather than the standard rat line..." His companion is of more practical bent and puts a restraining hand on the other lads shoulder and turns him around. He says in a low voice meant only for the argumentative friend, but which Michael catches, "if you want to eat tonight you'll stow it and head for the Tulip Towers...Besides it was your choice of a Morris knot that caused the line to give way." The first lad allows himself to be led off but mumbles, "we don't know where anything but the docks are..." His companion says, "we'll climb that problem one spar at a time now smile and walk with purpose." The boys set off arm and arm more or less in the right direction when the first lad has an inspiration and says to Michael, "Ah Captain, we should hire a boat for this journey, Bronhelm is a city of canals..."

J. Alexander

First Post
The Tulip Towers

"I have already sent one of my young Lt's to secure a barge for us. In fact he is recently promoted leaving me in need of one or two cabin boys perhaps I can find his replacement here before we sail" Michael thinks aloud baiting the hook for the boys.. then addressing the boys he says "Then take us to the barge rental area, the Lt. should be waiting. "Michael is hoping that when they actually see how young guiesspi is and that he now holds the commisned rank of Lt. that they will be very interested in his crew.

Scotley

Hero
"So Captain this might just be your lucky day, for it just so happens that my friend and I were thinking of joining a new crew..."

Michael would guess from the uniform that the boys have been some sort of midshipmen for one of the major shipping lines.

J. Alexander

First Post
To the tulip towers

Smiling to himself that they so easily accepted the bait...but also cautious given his known opponets Michael will say "Then perhaps we can reach an agreement provided you dont eat to much or ask for more than I am willing to pay"

Scotley

Hero
The first lad replies eagerly, "I'd not eat overmuch nor ask more than you are willing to pay Captain," but the other sees this as an invitation at negotiation, "So how much is too much, be it food or pay?"

Remove ads