Taking the Game Back to its Roots

thedungeondelver

Adventurer
DM-Rocco said:
UPDATE = this seems like the most current thread, so here is an update on where you can buy Dragon Roots

Dragon Roots Magazine is now sold in the Minnesota branch of Misty Mountain Games & Diversions and after this coming weekend, it will be sold in their Madison Wisconsin branch.

Also at
The Source Comics and Games - Roseville MN
Dreamers - St. Lious Park MN
The Monster's Den - Minneapolis MN

Also, in pdf format at Paizo.com

or subscriptions at www.dragonroots.net

I know someone with a magazine/book/game store very close to Lake Geneva I can put you in touch with, if you'd like.

DM-Rocco

Explorer
thedungeondelver said:
I know someone with a magazine/book/game store very close to Lake Geneva I can put you in touch with, if you'd like.
I was just in Lake Geneva for Gary's Funeral.

I looked for a store and didn't see one. I would love a chance to sell the magazine closer to the heart land of D&D:)

Kepli Sire

First Post
cdenham over at Dundjinni posted a very nice review on Dragon Roots issue #0. Since his account on here is giving him problems, he asked someone else to post it ... so here it is ;)

cdenham
My additional 2 cents on the magazine -

Loved the layout! It looks to be very professionally done. I have to admit that I went in a bit skeptical and have to admit I very happily surprised.

Before I comment on the remainder I think I have to throw my one negative in because it will explain my thoughts on the rest of the magazine. From the name I thought it would be a bit of a throw back to D&D's roots as well. I see that it was your goal to go back to the old style of Dragon magazine. On that basis, you did a really great job. I believe this misunderstanding was entirely my fault.

Artwork - great! You might want to note it for more mature players.

Maps - great! Of course, with Kepli working on them what else would you expect.

What's Your Story? - A very handy article and is something I intend to tweak slightly for use with the older rules.

Be Thee for Law or Chaos - Another very good, handy article regardless of which version you use.

4th Edition Queries - My favorite article! It addresses my biggest disappointments with the d20 version of D&D and actually has me excited about version 4.0 coming out! Thanks! (PS - With this being said, I vote for making the swap to 4.0 once it is available but this is subject to change once I actually get to see it.)

Working Your Way Up To First Level - An excellent idea for issue #0. I also like the way that a lot of this first issue was geared toward lower level characters. Was this intentional? Are the initial issues going to follow this same trend of the articles advancing slightly in level with each issue?

A Day at the Fair - an interesting idea for a module and the whole Zero to Hero concept is the main reason I'm seriously considering a subscription. I love the way you use the module to teach the basics of the game as well. (And a new monster to boot!)

Overall, 4.5 out of 5!

gonesailing

First Post
My wife and I both like the coverart on the premiere issue. I don't have the magazine, so can't speak for what might be inside, but I don't see anything that should be THAT offensive.

Keep it up

Remove ads