Planewalker is acting very odd

Shemeska

Adventurer
lunarpages is the host.

I'll ask Clueless what's up when she gets home today. They've been unhappy with us on bandwidth before, but I don't really have an answer for this today. When I find out, I'll let you know (if Clueless doesn't post first).

*dances around, sacrifices an elf, and summons PW's webmaster*

Last edited:

Clueless

Webmonkey
Shemeska said:
lunarpages is the host.
I'll ask Clueless what's up when she gets home today. They've been unhappy with us on bandwidth before, but I don't really have an answer for this today. When I find out, I'll let you know (if Clueless doesn't post first).
*dances around, sacrifices an elf, and summons PW's webmaster*
Not unhappy on bandwidth - unhappy on CPU top% (not that they even know what code could be associated with that value from my last conversation with their support). Ken is talking to them right now to get us back up and chances are really good we'll be moving to GoDaddy. Lunarpage's support is pretty wretched and from what I can tell they don't have any actual understanding of their own monitoring systems.

*sigh*

Yeah, we're moving from Lunarpages to a new host.

We were shut down because apparently I failed to pay a $1/month charge for a feature I canceled almost a year ago (yes, they shut Planewalker down without warning over a whopping $12 that was their own mistake).

Needless to say, the site should be back up within an hour and we will be going to a host that is less of a pain in the butt. I actually took a lot of time researching to find a decent host before the last time we moved since moving hosts is a real hassle. But Sarah has spent months dealing with their tech support over the site. And now shutting us down because a feature that I canceled wasn't actually canceled...*sigh* yeah, we're moving. :)

So, one of us will be sure to announce here ahead of time, but plan on sometime in the next month for the site to be down for a couple days while the new DNS propagates out and junk.

Sorry for the inconvenience!

Edit: It's back up now.

Edit #2: The $12 charge was on a feature that I canceled for the ps3e.com domain that we don't even have anymore. Ninnies.

Last edited:

Iavas

First Post
So, any update on Planewalker's status? I still get a 'Navigation Canceled' page whenever I try to go there. Good thing it's just the server host. I thought maybe WotC stopped by. :p

Clueless

Webmonkey
Ok, the web-dabus are taking longer than they should. Which is to say we're having an on-going issue getting the domain name to transfer. Current estimate is next week as we need to transfer registrars to get some middle 'loths out of the situation.

In the meantime: http://www.dev-planewalker.com will work. You may see a number of broken image links, but the forums and articles will function. I suggest if you link to these pages that you be ready to change them back once we get the webnames back in order.

Dire Lemming

First Post
Clueless said:
Ok, the web-dabus are taking longer than they should. Which is to say we're having an on-going issue getting the domain name to transfer. Current estimate is next week as we need to transfer registrars to get some middle 'loths out of the situation.

In the meantime: http://www.dev-planewalker.com will work. You may see a number of broken image links, but the forums and articles will function. I suggest if you link to these pages that you be ready to change them back once we get the webnames back in order.

Oh, cool! I finally got to send jordarad my character! Thanks Clueless.

Remove ads