Making your own power cards

Yaezakura

First Post
Wow... this really is awesome. ^_^ I am so totally making myself a set of these cards for when I play! It makes keeping track of per encounter/per day abilities a breeze, plus gives you easy access to the full writeup for your abilities, to reduce the need for pulling out books.

Nytmare

David Jose
After way too many years of cutting out way too many playtest cards for way too many games, I just wanted to share my discovery that you save a lot of time/money/energy if you don't bother gluing the cards to the card backing when you put them into the sleeves.

Also, if you're dropping them into clear sleeves and you want fancy back art:

pcb1.jpg
pcb2.jpg

pcb3.jpg
pcb4.jpg

pcb5.jpg
pcb6.jpg

ShinHakkaider

Adventurer
Nytmare said:
After way too many years of cutting out way too many playtest cards for way too many games, I just wanted to share my discovery that you save a lot of time/money/energy if you don't bother gluing the cards to the card backing when you put them into the sleeves.

Also, if you're dropping them into clear sleeves and you want fancy back art:

pcb1.jpg
pcb2.jpg

pcb3.jpg
pcb4.jpg

pcb5.jpg
pcb6.jpg

I'm not a 4E guy, but I'm a big accessory guy and I just gotta say that you guys are sixteen shades of AWESOME.

RandomCitizenX

First Post
I love these backs and will definitely use them once I am finished.
I still need to go back and redo the abilities for the updated wordings (I was using the first versions of the sheets) as well as finish the divine cards.

Knight Otu

First Post
AZRogue said:
So, I downloaded the program and will play with it later but I have to ask: Is there a way to make a template (landscape, of course) that will mimic the Monster Statblock for 4E on the back of the 4E Miniature cards? Is that possible? With the little triangles for Saves, and the place for the little picture, and Power text and all?

How would I do something like that? I'm lost. The simple text ones are great, but if I could make my own monster stat cards and have them look the same as the others, my geekasm will be complete. :)
You mean those? As a matter of fact, those should be pretty easy to create. There may be some problems (I'm pretty sure the image can't work like on the samples). If you can read into the game and style files, it should be pretty easy for you to create appropriate files for the stat cards. Otherwise, someone else might be willing to create the template for you.
What is needed, though, is better pictures of stat cards. The ones I linked above (likely) won't cut it. Ideally, a card cleaned up of the variable text and the image (a separate image of the speed box that appears for additional speeds would be nice but can be a duplicate of the normal speed box).

Belorin

Explorer
I am not finding a way to make the cards into a landscape format, anyone having any luck?
Awesome card backs btw, I have a box of individual card sleeves that will work just fine for them. And the monster stat cards if I can get it to work.

Bel

Knight Otu

First Post
Belorin said:
I am not finding a way to make the cards into a landscape format, anyone having any luck?
Awesome card backs btw, I have a box of individual card sleeves that will work just fine for them. And the monster stat cards if I can get it to work.

Bel
You mean the Magic cards? There is no Magic landscape format, at least none that has been adapted for the program and made public.

Intrope

First Post
If you want something less elaborate, you could also use printable business cards for powers, effects, statuses, simpler monsters, etc.

You'd have to build the cards via Word/Excel or similar, of course. I'll probably do this, for at least some things (terrain? hmmm....)

emass

Explorer
Really awesome!

For the back, I'd prefer them without the "D&D power cards" banner.
Maybe one with the parchment-like Eladrin mage for Arcane, one with a warrior for Martial and one with something clerical for Divine?

Anyway, really really cool!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases