Making your own power cards

eloquentaction

First Post
Any chance the UCS will enable horizontal oriented cards (like Ander's for instance)?

Thindariel says he's converting his two formats. One of them is horizontal.

Mine are typically portrait (I personally like that format better), but I will most likely be converting all of my 4.3 templates over. One of these is a horizontal card.

And the way UCS works - it works with any template whatsoever (as long as they standardize on the same GAME file).

-- Hirahito

erf_beto

First Post
Does it fit long description stat boxes (Does it shrink the more lines you put in it?) If so, could i have a copy.
Yes it does: the one line fields can shrink and the combat text field scales down to a 6 size font. I dit fit a Goblin Hexer on a previous iteration of it ;) (hard to read, but not impossible)

I'm not in my PC right now, and the template (though functional) needs a little lapidation, but I'm thinking of releasing it as a way of asking for help: I've been working on it on-and-off since what, August? Then I stopped using MSE (on account of some personal problems) and now that I'm back(ish), I'm finding it hard to remember all the coding and styling options I had been aiming for... maybe someone who likes the template can help me improve it. :)

I also have another template, for powercards (anything-cards, really), that might benefit from the UCS.

Attachments

• Two-Wolf Pounce.jpg
    Two-Wolf Pounce.jpg
    46.7 KB · Views: 217
  • Earth Titan.jpg
    Earth Titan.jpg
    54 KB · Views: 246
Last edited:

erf_beto

First Post
Ok, done! :D

For now, it's only the statcards template. I've removed a lot of the stuff I meant to add to the style/game files but never finished. It's supposed to work. :)

There are two styles, one is standard card size (9 per page), the other is BIG (4 cards per A4 page - just remember to set your printer to landscape!), wich I plan on using for important NPCs, as well as PCs with powercards - just the at-will powers or race/class features go in the big card, everything else goes on power card. I think I'll probably do a spiffy back side with character bios and portrait later... ;)

Both styles have a lot of card color choices (some taken from the "official" WotC colors - I just added Martial Purple to the list -, while others I played around with). I even included a plain black and white, printer friendly, version (my favorite). :angel:

Linky:
http://www.mediafire.com/file/c2twmdd3jhd/betoMSE.rar

Hope you enjoy it. :eek:

38093d1230218979-making-your-own-power-cards-skamos-redmoon.jpg

Attachments

• DRYAD.jpg
    DRYAD.jpg
    43.9 KB · Views: 178
  • DWARF HAMMERER.jpg
    DWARF HAMMERER.jpg
    54.6 KB · Views: 168

pdzoch

Explorer
Card Backs for Power Cards

I decided to create some additional card backs for all the power cards sets that are out there. I chose to select unique card backs for the different types of power frequencies so that once played/used, it can be turned over once complete to prevent a player from losing track of which power was used, and recovering only powers that have been renewed (picking up encounter powers after the encounter ends yet leaving the daily powers used face down until recharged). I adapted from the versions that Nytmare posted early in this thread.

Attachments

• Monster Card Back.jpg
    Monster Card Back.jpg
    42.8 KB · Views: 167
  • Magic Item Back.jpg
    Magic Item Back.jpg
    43.3 KB · Views: 171
  • Encounter Power Back.jpg
    Encounter Power Back.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 154
  • Daily Power Back.jpg
    Daily Power Back.jpg