Making your own power cards

KnightCa

First Post
Power Card backgrounds (

JosiahKnight could you made those nice background cards in horizontal version?

Normally, I'd try it. But I'm abit busy adding in the card options that Grandpa created (great job btw Grandpa) into the MSE set I am using.

eloquentaction

First Post
I'm stunned at the work you've done, Grandpa! Stunned and delighted by it! Having printed so many of your cards already, I am thrilled that I can now print cards with pretty much everything that is worth having on a power card in the same style! Thank you! Now, please, have some rest! ;)

And Hirahito - you're right - there really were columns for class and level in your mse set - they simply weren't displaying for me initially, and I failed my INT check to realize that I could add them myself. Sorry! It works fine! :)

Not a problem! You scared me, though!

-- Hirahito

eloquentaction

First Post
OK, BIG update on my set of power cards:

• I'm over 1500 hand-typed cards. I'm very tired.
  • The new PDF is one file with every card in it, and is fully bookmarked.
  • All of the PHB cards are in one PPT file.
  • The tutorial has been updated to reflect the new changes.
  • Cards have been added for:
    • Roleplaying
    • Racial Traits
    • Class Traits
    • Class Features
    • Paragon Path Features
    • Epic Destiny Features
    • Skills
    • Feats
    • Normal Armor
    • Normal Weapons (built like Standard Action cards)
    • Other Gear
    • Conditions
    • Actions in Combat
    • Healing and Dying
    • Rituals
  • Another icon was made for the Adventuring chapter in the PHB (but isn't used).
Hope it helps your game.

This is an awesome set of work, Grandpa.

Funny, though, the version 4 of my cards is halfway done and the biggest change? The fact I was adding in cards for EVERYTHING, just like you were doing.

You came to the same conclusion I did; there simply is no such thing as too much information handed to the players in card form.

The trouble is, MSE isn't as nice as Power Point; I'm splitting mine out into separate files. So far I've got: Optional (ENWorld, SwordMage, etc), Magic Items, Powers, and Basic (Skills, etc.).

And I hope you don't mind, I'm stealing your icons for the magic items. They were the only ones out there and they're so nicely done I just couldn't resist.

-- Hirahito

Not a problem! You scared me, though!

-- Hirahito

I had the same thoughts. I saw the lines but never fooled with them. ATM I'm inputting my party's stats.

Hirahito, do you have an idea of when vs 4 will be out? With seven different designs / appearances I'd venture to say you might just unseat Ander00 as the leader on the MSE set front.

eloquentaction

First Post
I had the same thoughts. I saw the lines but never fooled with them. ATM I'm inputting my party's stats.

Hirahito, do you have an idea of when vs 4 will be out? With seven different designs / appearances I'd venture to say you might just unseat Ander00 as the leader on the MSE set front.

Well, I'm about half done. I have 3 of the designs completed and one almost complete.

I'm *not* releasing one of the designs (it just looks bad and I can't seem to fix it) and I've made an executive decision to NOT release two of the other designs YET. They were sideways designs specifically for the use of Monsters. I have not gotten a good layout for Monsters yet, so I've just decided to not do them with this release.

The main thing holding me back with this release is adding new cards and splitting them into separate 'bundles' so they are not so cumbersome for people to use. This version is going to have a HUGE number of added cards, including all of the standard magic items which a lot of people were asking for. Version 3 had 1057 cards and I'm way over that now without even trying hard.

Version 3, however, had everything kind of tumbled into one big MSE. I'm trying with this release to categorize everything using MSE's fields and to split them into 5 main MSE set's. One master file which has everything and 4 sub files which should be much easier to work with.

I've also been talking to the developer of MSE, Twan. I've found a few bugs in 3.6b of MSE and he's promised to fix them and release a new version of MSE soon.

If he can't get out a new version in time, I'm going to release v4 without the super-cool features I was going to add (*sigh*) and add them in a future release.

Probably way more info than you wanted to know, but there you go...

P.S. - It was not and never will be my intention to 'unseat' any of the Card developers. So far, all of us have been actively working to help each other out and to provide a good alternative to the users out there. Ander, for example, has a really clean landscape design. I've pretty much steered clear of a landscape design in deference to Ander's set until I started trying to add in Monsters. And there's just no freaking way I can get monsters to look good without a landscape design. Well, truthfully, I have one that looks semi-OK but I'm still not going to release it quite yet (too many other things to do). Not cursing you out, just clearing things up.

-- Hirahito

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases