Making your own power cards

eloquentaction

First Post
:eek: I just finished editing all the 4.0 items to include spaces on the right-hand side for level, value, and critDice. What are the upcoming changes?

This change will have:

The Warlock Star Pact, Fixes for some of the Magic Items, Adding Levels to the Rituals, Entries for All of the Diseases and Poisons in the MM, Some New ENWorld magic items, the Alchemy and Reagents excerpts from WOTC, the Banners and new Ritual excerpts from WOTC, changing the masking on some of the sets and last but not least, yet another set bringing the total to 6.

There could, potentially, also be other add-ons depending on what gets released in that time period and where my attention wanders.

-- Hirahito

Kingbreaker

First Post
Kingbreaker

Congratulations! It's fantastic! Would you attach the MSE files?

Unfortunately I have no expertise editing MSE templates whatsoever. . . . one of these days.

In the meantime, I HAVE been fooling around with a new way to distribute card-content that doesn't rely on MSE. The idea is to embed a dynamic flash movie in a single editable PDF file that anyone can download, alter, and print from. I need to strike a good compromise between file size and image quality, but I've tested the bits of the format and it works. It's actually really easy to do with a teensy bit of programming knowledge and a lot of patience. (And the software!)

I may be able to post something as early as this weekend.

tristan_tewksbury

First Post
...I am adding cards with the heading "Ongoing XXX damage" (where XXX is one of the damage types) to inidicate what ongoing damage a character is suffering. These note that damage is taken at the start of the turn, and a save is allowed at the end of the turn.
I decided to change the format a little bit. Since card sleeves allow you to write on the cards with wet-erase or dry-erase markers, I made the cards a bit more generic, allowing me to make up a bunch of them and use them as needed.

As I mentioned previously, I am using the 1's face of a die icon to represent the checkbox.

eloquentaction

First Post
I decided to change the format a little bit. Since card sleeves allow you to write on the cards with wet-erase or dry-erase markers, I made the cards a bit more generic, allowing me to make up a bunch of them and use them as needed.

As I mentioned previously, I am using the 1's face of a die icon to represent the checkbox.

If you'd like, I can add a symbol or two to make check boxes easier to add.

I'll put that on the to do list for 4.1.

I think I'll call them 'Tristi-boxes'.

-- Hirahito

Duckforceone

First Post
hirohito, i must say, i like your templates

So just wanted to say thank you for your great work.

Now a question, how do i get those nice to hit data on my cards? can't seem to find those two boxes you mentioned i needed to change under styles in an earlier post...

eloquentaction

First Post
hirohito, i must say, i like your templates

So just wanted to say thank you for your great work.

Now a question, how do i get those nice to hit data on my cards? can't seem to find those two boxes you mentioned i needed to change under styles in an earlier post...

OK - pull up the card you want to edit in MSE.

Look around to the right hand side of the card (left hand side for the Dzokvik style) and you'll see a series of dotted lines around a small box that looks... well, out of place.

Click on one of these and type something in... POOF! An edit box will appear. Put in whatever you like, it will get stored with the card from then on.

-- Hirahito

SBalrog

First Post
Hirahito / eloquentaction:

Hi, first I'd like to report an error in your set - card 544, the title, class, attack / utility fields are incorrect:

Title / Class / Type
Eye of the / Warlock / Warlock (Star) Utility - Should be:
Eye of the Warlock / Warlock (Star) / Utility

Then I'd like to suggest a new style. I like the simplicity of the simple style, but for some reason, not the background. So I'd like a mix of the Dzokvik style (background) and the Simple (layout). I'd also like some more color options so I could change the color for some of the blue and gold (rituals, diseases, etc) cards, including one monster shade of green for monster cards.

When do you plan to add the magic items from Dragon, and the Dragon 366 stuff (and any other stuff missing from 364 / 365) ?
I have the data in xml-files if you think that'd help.

Last edited:

eloquentaction

First Post
Hirahito / eloquentaction:

Hi, first I'd like to report an error in your set - card 544, the title, class, attack / utility fields are incorrect:

Title / Class / Type
Eye of the / Warlock / Warlock (Star) Utility - Should be:
Eye of the Warlock / Warlock (Star) / Utility

Then I'd like to suggest a new style. I like the simplicity of the simple style, but for some reason, not the background. So I'd like a mix of the Dzokvik style (background) and the Simple (layout). I'd also like some more color options so I could change the color for some of the blue and gold (rituals, diseases, etc) cards, including one monster shade of green for monster cards.

When do you plan to add the magic items from Dragon, and the Dragon 366 stuff (and any other stuff missing from 364 / 365) ?
I have the data xml-files if you think that'd help.

The error is duly noted, I'll try and get that fixed for the 4.1 release.

Creating a new set is really up to the whim of the moment (which is why some of them are a bit more whimsical). I might be moved to make a new set as you describe... but then again I might not. If you really want to ensure a set is to your liking, please feel free to open up GIMP/Photoslop and create a new set based on my card data. I am far from a graphics designer, so I'm sure your set(s) will look far better than mine.

Dragon #366 is slated for the 4.1 release. If you can inform me of anything I've missed from 364 / 365 I'll see if I can add it as well.

-- Hirahito

SBalrog

First Post
I don't know if you plan to add all the feats to the set, but the 7 feats in D364 is missing (6 in Warforged, and 1 in Maldeen article). And the magic items.

From D365, the 6 Paragon Paths powers are missing, the Epic Destiny Power, and one Feat Power. Also 5 feats and the magic items
The powers are all Forgotten Realms / Eberron, but other FR / Eb stuff is added.

And I'll see if I can encourage myself to spend some hours in Photoshop sometime.

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases