Making your own power cards

tintagel

Explorer
meandog said:
tintagel

The new mse file D&D_Tint.mse-game works well but only the parchment template works the nature and marble only show up in the old D&D set. Any ideas?

Thanks again

Hey meandog - I think that your folder names or game names may be the older versions. Delete all previous versions of my templates and re-download them. I made updates to them very recently.

In fact, I just uploaded a tutorial video to Youtube: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-1o5zS8m3Xg

It's also embedded on the Powercard Files page on our wiki. ENJOY!

Ashardalon

First Post
tintagel said:
Yeah, that seems to be a bug with the MSE - the Full Text template for Magic had that same problem. If I set the alignment to Top, then you completely lose the main stat block - you only get the flavor text section.
That's a known bug IIRC, though it doesn't seem to be mentioned in the bug thread. Anyway, the main stat block isn't actually lost - it's simply shifted above the actual text area if it is empty. It should be enough to move the cursor up and type to get things into the correct position.

tintagel

Explorer
Well, that's what's kinda cool about the site. If you want to make a variant Style file with the alignment to Top, or want to add an Image field, download my work and hack away!

Then you can join and post your variant so all of us can benefit.

"I love the smell of Web 2.0 in the morning. You know, one time we had to learn and make everything alone. Now we stand on the shoulders of giants. The idea, you know that collaborative idea, the whole world. Feels like... Inspiration. Someday this isolation's gonna end..."

-- Tintagel

WhatGravitas

Explorer
I've played around with quindia's design (and randolph's latest MSE adaption)... because I really like quindia's style, but wanted to reflect some of my own sensibilities (i.e. DDM-like pseudo-3Ds and colour choices). You need randolph's latest game files, then plug this in - it will be a new style.

And it looks like this:
[sblock=Images]
EldritchBlast.jpg
Witchfire.jpg
CurseoftheDarkDream.jpg
1SymbolofLife.jpg
[/sblock]
MSE-files attached... input/feedback/ideas/criticism and so on, of course, welcome. I have to fix the font colour for the silver template... but I'll do that later...

Cheers, LT.

Attachments

• tirian.zip
    483.5 KB · Views: 407
Last edited:

quindia

First Post
tintagel said:
Well, that's what's kinda cool about the site. If you want to make a variant Style file with the alignment to Top, or want to add an Image field, download my work and hack away!

Then you can join and post your variant so all of us can benefit.

-- Tintagel

That was my point in posting at all. I stated outright that I didn't intend to make a full set of cards at the outset, but I thought I'd post my efforts in case someone wanted to use them. I like the 3d metallic effects on the borders and may incorporate those in my home files.

This has been a very interesting and productive thread - a refreshing change from much of the pro/con 4e sniping that inevitably crops up in the rules/fluff/etc. threads.

Khaalis

Adventurer
tintagel said:
Again, if you want to contribute, you need a Gmail account or Educatedgamer account (which I can create). Then I need to add you as a collaborator. Once you have an account, Educatedgamer folks can click on the login link in the lefthand menu, while Gmail folks will have to log into gmail before visiting the site in order to edit.

The Site: 4e.educatedgamer.net
Hey Tintagel. Could I get an invite for LordKhaalis at gmail? Right now I show as logged on to the site but can't contribute.
Thanks.

tintagel

Explorer
Very nice Tirian. I particularly like the gradient on the attack buttons and the dark purple for the daily power. I never really liked black as a daily color.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases