Making your own power cards - Page 101





+ Log in or register to post
Page 101 of 200 FirstFirst ... 51 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 151 ... LastLast
Results 1,001 to 1,010 of 1999
  1. #1001
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Grandpa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UT
    Posts
    135

    ° Ignore Grandpa
    Quote Originally Posted by Drabix View Post
    Grandpa -
    Have you considered adding a card that has the turn sequence?
    Yeah... In fact, I have one in a personal graveyard (that only covers the start and end, since the middle is pretty well-known). Anyway, I'm considering going back to the cards and just including everything in the PHB (I find Hira's description of play at the table similar to mine, where the cards shortcut the books and act as surprisingly preferable reference), but it might be a little bit before I get to it. If you're desperate for just that one card, I could produce something before another larger update.
    Last edited by Grandpa; Monday, 25th August, 2008 at 07:37 PM.

 

  • #1002
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Grandpa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UT
    Posts
    135

    ° Ignore Grandpa
    So Hirahito,

    I consider you the most active and stalwart updater of all things cards, and since neither you or I have control of the original post upon which this entire thread is built, and since a lot of people -- understandably hesitant to sift through 34 pages of talkback and updates -- are missing out on some good efforts, I was wondering if you would be interested in creating a new power cards thread with an intro page that references different efforts, to which we can migrate our work and fix our links to reference. I feel you, the most active contributer, are the best choice for updating the community on various efforts, which I presume would center around you regardless. Another way to do this is by wiki, but it doesn't have the same traffic, and links could be provided to bolster that effort anyway.

    Thoughts?

    PS - I noticed your offer to integrate another user's style into your templates, and I wanted to offer the style I used for MSE, on the off-chance you never made the suggestion fearing it would mess with my mojo (it doesn't). No expectations, just mentioned on the off-chance...
    Last edited by Grandpa; Monday, 25th August, 2008 at 07:36 PM.

  • #1003
    Quote Originally Posted by Grandpa View Post
    So Hirahito,

    I consider you the most active and stalwart updater of all things cards, and since neither you or I have control of the original post upon which this entire thread is built, and since a lot of people -- understandably hesitant to sift through 34 pages of talkback and updates -- are missing out on some good efforts, I was wondering if you would be interested in creating a new power cards thread with an intro page that references different efforts, to which we can migrate our work and fix our links to reference. I feel you, the most active contributer, are the best choice for updating the community on various efforts, which I presume would center around you regardless. Another way to do this is by wiki, but it doesn't have the same traffic, and links could be provided to bolster that effort anyway.

    Thoughts?

    PS - I noticed your offer to integrate another user's style into your templates, and I wanted to offer the style I used for MSE, on the off-chance you never made the suggestion fearing it would mess with my mojo (it doesn't). No expectations, just mentioned on the off-chance...
    Grandpa -

    I think you underestimate your own place in this and WAY overestimate mine. I think the breakdown of card users is: Ander's, yours, Mercutio's / Plauge's, then (maybe) mine with a lot of notable runner's up vying for my position.

    I think you're seeing a lot of activity on this thread FROM me only because this is where I usually update.

    BUT - I think the starting of a new thread entitled 'All things Power Cards' would be a good idea. Put the first post as a series of links to everyone's pages and / or ENWorld posts where they can download, then have a post for each contributor giving their latest updates and/or notes.

    BUT - I think you're going to see the same problem(s) arise - that thread will soon become 343,927 pages long as this one has...

    What does everyone else think? Should us card builders spawn off into a new thread?

    AND, last but not least, I would be more than honored to incorporate your MSE style into my set. Look to my link below to hit my web page which has my e-mail address.

    Actually - I would be really interested in bartering for your services in creating icons. Your icons are typically much cleaner that what I can come up with off the cuff.

    -- Hirahito
    See the UCS site: Here
    Make sure to check out the Universal Card Set as well as all the templates being moved to it!

  • #1004
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Alphastream's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    451
    I Defended The Walls!

    ° Ignore Alphastream
    Quote Originally Posted by eloquentaction View Post
    I just released version 4 of my MSE-SET cards.
    Hirahito, these are great! I'm really impressed by the breadth of what you offered and the options. The condition cards are great.

    One question - I got all excited about Trip, then realized it is an EN World idea, not actual PH material. Is there a list of what is 4E official vs. unofficial? I want to make sure I have all the conditions/options as valid for LFR.

    Feedback-wise, I am still not feeling the draw towards any of the magic item cards. I think I just really am locked into seeing images on the card itself. Maybe I'm too visual a person. I find the colored strips to be so-so for my tastes and would really just like to see an awesome sword/shield/etc. in addition to the item text. Same for the items you made (though i don't think i would personally use the non-magic cards).

    Thanks,

    Teos

  • #1005
    Registered User
    Thaumaturgist (Lvl 9)

    Alphastream's Avatar

    Join Date
    Apr 2003
    Location
    Portland, Oregon
    Posts
    451
    I Defended The Walls!

    ° Ignore Alphastream
    Quote Originally Posted by eloquentaction View Post
    What does everyone else think? Should us card builders spawn off into a new thread?
    I think keeping things here is fine.

    It seemed daunting way back when I found this thread to go through the many posts and find good styles, but it paid off in the Lord Tirian design I use for magic items. Having all the old posts enables us to go back if we want to do so.

    At the same time, what would be great is for the more active users and builders to keep the Wiki up to date, perhaps announcing the latest file date and sharing tips for other builders. The wiki is threadless, so that self-regulates its length somewhat.

    Teos

  • #1006
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphastream View Post
    Hirahito, these are great! I'm really impressed by the breadth of what you offered and the options. The condition cards are great.

    One question - I got all excited about Trip, then realized it is an EN World idea, not actual PH material. Is there a list of what is 4E official vs. unofficial? I want to make sure I have all the conditions/options as valid for LFR.

    Feedback-wise, I am still not feeling the draw towards any of the magic item cards. I think I just really am locked into seeing images on the card itself. Maybe I'm too visual a person. I find the colored strips to be so-so for my tastes and would really just like to see an awesome sword/shield/etc. in addition to the item text. Same for the items you made (though i don't think i would personally use the non-magic cards).

    Thanks,

    Teos
    Teos -

    All of my optional cards should have an OPTIONAL keyword in the Flags field.

    Trip was my (bad) attempt to bring Trip back into the game (you should see a Disarm Basic Action card as well).

    As far as putting images onto the actual cards - there are two main reasons I didn't:

    1) Bandwidth - that's a LOT of images, man! People downloading all those images would be suffering greatly.
    2) Time - finding and cropping / editing all those images would have taken a LONG time. I wanted to get version 4 out the door.

    BUT - I think it's an excellent option for my next version. I will look into making the image file an optional parameter where MSE will ignore it if it can't find the file; and then make the images a separate downloadable file you can download (or not) at your own whim.

    I apologize for the confusion on the new skills.

    -- Hirahito
    See the UCS site: Here
    Make sure to check out the Universal Card Set as well as all the templates being moved to it!

  • #1007
    Quote Originally Posted by Alphastream View Post
    I think keeping things here is fine.

    It seemed daunting way back when I found this thread to go through the many posts and find good styles, but it paid off in the Lord Tirian design I use for magic items. Having all the old posts enables us to go back if we want to do so.

    At the same time, what would be great is for the more active users and builders to keep the Wiki up to date, perhaps announcing the latest file date and sharing tips for other builders. The wiki is threadless, so that self-regulates its length somewhat.

    Teos
    I have a confession to make.

    "Hi, I'm Hirahito, and I'm terrible with Wiki's."

    "Hi Hirahito."

    I. Just. Can't. Do. It.

    They scare me a little bit.

    *blinks back the tears...*

    -- Hirahito
    See the UCS site: Here
    Make sure to check out the Universal Card Set as well as all the templates being moved to it!

  • #1008
    Registered User
    Acolyte (Lvl 2)



    Join Date
    Jun 2008
    Location
    Northern Reaches
    Posts
    164

    ° Ignore grickherder
    I think this thread is fine, but a new one with a good first post with lots of good links would be nice too.

    Grandpa-- I noticed sunrods (1216) don't have a number in their price on the card in the PDF. Not really worthy of an update/reupload on it's on, but something to add to the list for when you do another update.


  • #1009
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Grandpa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UT
    Posts
    135

    ° Ignore Grandpa
    Quote Originally Posted by eloquentaction View Post
    I think you underestimate your own place in this and WAY overestimate mine. I think the breakdown of card users is: Ander's, yours, Mercutio's / Plauge's, then (maybe) mine with a lot of notable runner's up vying for my position.
    Hard to believe!

    Quote Originally Posted by eloquentaction View Post
    BUT - I think the starting of a new thread entitled 'All things Power Cards' would be a good idea. Put the first post as a series of links to everyone's pages and / or ENWorld posts where they can download, then have a post for each contributor giving their latest updates and/or notes.
    The biggest reason for splitting is for control of Page 1. I'm indifferent about keeping the action here but hate that no control of the original post gives us no way to make the community's amazing work accessible via the forums. Perhaps a sticky? Perhaps someone reads this message and has a post on the first page who can help?

    Quote Originally Posted by eloquentaction View Post
    BUT - I think you're going to see the same problem(s) arise - that thread will soon become 343,927 pages long as this one has...
    The size of the thread doesn't matter to me, just page 1 access to organize our efforts.

    Quote Originally Posted by eloquentaction View Post
    Actually - I would be really interested in bartering for your services in creating icons. Your icons are typically much cleaner that what I can come up with off the cuff.
    I've been moving on to new projects but I might be able to help. Let me know what you have in mind: enworld beeba net
    Last edited by Grandpa; Tuesday, 26th August, 2008 at 07:10 AM.

  • #1010
    Registered User
    Minor Trickster (Lvl 4)

    Grandpa's Avatar

    Join Date
    Jan 2002
    Location
    UT
    Posts
    135

    ° Ignore Grandpa
    Quote Originally Posted by grickherder View Post
    Grandpa-- I noticed sunrods (1216) don't have a number in their price on the card in the PDF. Not really worthy of an update/reupload on it's on, but something to add to the list for when you do another update.
    Thanks for the heads up. I'll fix it shortly.

  • + Log in or register to post
    Page 101 of 200 FirstFirst ... 51 91 92 93 94 95 96 97 98 99 100 101 102 103 104 105 106 107 108 109 110 111 151 ... LastLast

    Similar Threads

    1. [Game Aid]Card styles for MSE (Power cards, monster cards)
      By Knight Otu in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 27
      Last Post: Tuesday, 21st December, 2010, 10:40 PM
    2. Forked Thread: Making your own power cards
      By dhunton in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Sunday, 25th January, 2009, 01:16 AM
    3. Forked Thread: Making your own power cards
      By FC Jamison in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 1
      Last Post: Sunday, 21st December, 2008, 03:35 PM
    4. Forked Thread: Making your own power cards
      By Netminder69 in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 0
      Last Post: Wednesday, 29th October, 2008, 02:01 PM
    5. A Box for Power Cards - Forked Thread: Making your own power cards
      By Mercutio01 in forum D&D and Pathfinder
      Replies: 4
      Last Post: Thursday, 3rd July, 2008, 01:17 AM

    Posting Permissions

    • You may not post new threads
    • You may not post replies
    • You may not post attachments
    • You may not edit your posts
    •