Making your own power cards

disarray2

First Post
Ander00, I was wondering if you plan on updating your power card set? I really love them because of their clean uncluttered look. I've also expanded it to make ritual and condition cards.

I could probably update them myself but I haven't figured out how to add the icons yet. :) (I know silly girl).

grickherder

First Post
I'm going to start integrating the idea of premaking all magic items as cards to give the players. Fantastic resource. Saves player's asking "what's that", me replying, "it's in the PHB" followed by page flipping and whatnot.

Ouronos

Explorer
Ander Set Questions

Greetings...

I am *sure* that these questions have been asked and answered, but for the life of me, I cannot find the answers.

Using the Ander Power Card set, I need a way to change the printing format from A4 to Letter. How is this accomplished?

Is there an originating website, feed, link, or service to insure that I maintain the latest version of the files? I would hate to go through the cards to try and make a lot of changes only to find out that the changes were already made for me and available for download.

Also, how do I keep track of which version/release I am currently using?

Thanks, guys. I may be an oldtimer when it comes to gaming, but I am definatly new here.

Until that time...

Mevis

First Post
Hi all and thanks soooo much for creating and providing these fantastic cards! :D

I prefer the "official" style of Grandpa's cards but have the following problem:

I don't have a printer.
Our local copy shop cannot enter pages to print using a ","
They can only type in "from page X to page Y".

Therefore I have to pre-select the pages I want on my computer and take them to the shop.

I downloaded the PPT Viewer for the Calibri font and doPDF as well.

However, when selecting pages to print and creating a pdf file using doPDF, the font looks wrong (not clear and with a background as if marked).

Can anybody help me out here?

Alphastream

Adventurer
I need a way to change the printing format from A4 to Letter. How is this accomplished?

Is there an originating website, feed, link, or service to insure that I maintain the latest version of the files?

The wiki has information on the printing format. I've encouraged set authors to maintain version information there as well. There isn't an easy way to identify version, though most authors list recent fixes and you can compare those against your set to verify you have the latest.

Teos

Grandpa

First Post
...when selecting pages to print and creating a pdf file using doPDF, the font looks wrong (not clear and with a background as if marked).
I use doPDF from PowerPoint to create the PDF. Is this what you are doing, or are you using doPDF from Reader to create a new PDF?

• If you have PowerPoint... I would try opening the original PPT file, deleting unwanted slides, and using doPDF to create the desired PDF.
  • If you don't have PowerPoint... I would try opening the original PPT file via Office PowerPoint Viewer, right-clicking, selecting "Print...", and selecting the slides you want doPDF to create the desired PDF from.
I'm curious whether using doPDF from an Office product produces the desired result, since this is how I create the original PDF. Unfortunately, it's difficult to understand the problem without seeing it firsthand.

Mevis

First Post
Thanks for the replies, guys!

My wife actually helped me out by recommending a program she's using at work: Cute PDF. Worked perfectly for me to go from PDF to PDF.

When trying to go from PPT to PDF via doPDF, I have the problem formatting. I cannot type "2,5" for "Width" and "3,5" for "Hight". The system is resetting to "2" and "3" straight away.

I hope to figure out how it works by the time Martial Powers comes out. ;)

turk128

First Post
I'm curious whether using doPDF from an Office product produces the desired result, since this is how I create the original PDF. Unfortunately, it's difficult to understand the problem without seeing it firsthand.
I had the same problems too; when I drop individual pages into Illustrator to make a costum print pages, I get these errors: "The font TTE18D7A98t00 is missing. Affected text will be displayed using a substitute font." There's at least 3 other jiberish fonts.

The only solution I found was dropping the PPT into OpenOffice and creating PDFs for each individual card (a bit time consuming).

BTW thanks for all the great cards, they're an inspiration and incredibly useful.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases