Making your own power cards

eloquentaction

First Post
Hirahito,

when I try to unzip the set it seem to be asking my for a password, is one needed or am I doing something wrong. this was on set 4.2

Thanks
Jeff

Uhmmmm.... Nope?

I just did it on my machine - no problemo and it definitely did not ask for a password.

If I had put a password on the zip, MSE would not be able to open it (It assumes no password), so I'm not sure why it's doing that on your machine.

Try downloading 7-Zip and see if that unzips it. It's freeware and it's a lot more reliable, faster and has better compression that WinZip (IMHO).

-- Hirahito

eloquentaction

First Post
Sure, sure. In fact, nothing would make me happier than if someone made a version of my template that is compatible with your set (or any other set that I don't have to update myself) ;).

cheers

Unfortunately, since you and I use slightly different fields in our GAME files, our sets will never be 100% compatible.

But I will take that as a suggestion to create not just a portrait template of your cards, but a landscape version that closely matches yours.

The gamers in my current group are all a bunch of powergaming bastards who ravenously eat up each and every new splat book before I've even had a chance to see it.

Some of them are secretly planning on killing their characters when some of the newer splat books come out so they can *cough* 'convert' to a new class.

But, since they're my players and I feel some paternal instinct, I try and keep them happy by updating my set with the newest data.

So, those of you that follow my set, you should see me updating it on a fairly grumpy yet frequent basis.

-- Hirahito

eloquentaction

First Post
Grandpa -

In an earlier message, you had stated you wouldn't mind making icons for me.

I'm holding you to that!

Adventurer's Vault (AV) has some new slot types: Mount, Companion, Whetstones, Other Consumable, and Reagents.

If you could make those icons and post them back or e-mail them to me, I would be much appreciative.

If not, the world will shudder in my feeble attempt to make these icons.

-- Hirahito

Melangepa

First Post
Ander00.... You're awesome! These are wonderful. Thank you for all the hard work you've put into this and for the quick tutorial on how to put your template into MSE.

Melangepa

First Post
I'm just releasing version 4.2 of my MSE card set today.

This version has the following added in:

* All FRPHB feats, Paragon Feats, Epic Feats, and multiclass feats.
* All FRPHB gods.
* All FRPHB races (Drow and Genasi).
* All FRPHB classes (Swordmage, Spellscarred and the Warlock (Dark) pact).
* All powers for the above classes.
* All FRPHB Regional Benefits.
* All FRPHB Paragon Paths and Epic Paths.
* All FRPHB Rituals.

* All AV weapons.
* All AV armor.
* All AV Alchemy Formulae.
* The AV Alchemy Ritual.
* All AV Alchemy-made Potions.

Basically, I got to about page 55 or so in the AV and had to quit (my eyes were going wonky).

Card count is now up to 2,281 cards.

Version 4.3 will have most or all of the remaining AV items.

As usual, you can find a link to my most current set in my sig, below.

-- Hirahito

Thank you too Hirahito for all the hard work you've put into creating these power cards and including all the most recent information!!

Aegeri

First Post
Below is a complete (1500+) set of power cards in PDF format made from my own PowerPoint template.

Very happy and thanks for providing PDFs. PDFs make my life very easy as I can print them out reliably no matter where I am. I very much like your template and have replaced my power cards with them. Good to see a consistent set of swordmage cards as well, they were quite hard to find.

Grandpa

First Post
Hirahito: I'll see what I can do on those icons. They're fun to make, but my free time is much more scarce at the moment.

Very happy and thanks for providing PDFs. PDFs make my life very easy as I can print them out reliably no matter where I am. I very much like your template and have replaced my power cards with them. Good to see a consistent set of swordmage cards as well, they were quite hard to find.
Thanks for the post! I'm really happy they're working out for you.

burner2501

First Post
I'm loving all these options for 4E power cards. You guys have all done a great job. The problem I have now is that I want to try my hand at making a template of my own for MSE. I am home taught in Photoshop so I think I can come up with a design but I am not versed in how to take those images and build the template for the MSE program. Is there a tutorial anywhere that I may download?

Also, I've been playing with Hirahito's card set and, if I can't readily make my own template, would probably use as my default set. The problem I am having with it is that I see how to make new cards but I don't see how to set some of the values that don't show up on the card but show up in the right pane like Class/Race or Attack/Utility/Etc. Those fields make it easier for me to sort and get just the cards I am concerned with available to print. Am I missing something in MSE to edit those fields when I make a new card?

Thanks much. :)

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases