Making your own power cards

Black Plauge

First Post
Hirihito currently makes his sets using a C# program and doesn't edit the cards directly in MSE. As a result, there are several fields that are filled in for the card sets he's made that can't be accessed or edited by a MSE user. He's working on this for some future release (I know because I've provided some assistance with the code).

If you want to edit them yourself now, then you need to take advantage of the fact that mse-set files are simply zipped text files. Rename the set file to .zip and unzip it. Inside you'll find a file called "set" (no extension) which you can open with any text editor. Said file will contain the information included on each card, including the fields that are saved but not visible. Edit those to be what you want, save the file, zip it back up, and rename it to ".mse-set" again. You should now be able to open the file in MSE and see the values you edited in.

eloquentaction

First Post
Hirihito currently makes his sets using a C# program and doesn't edit the cards directly in MSE. As a result, there are several fields that are filled in for the card sets he's made that can't be accessed or edited by a MSE user. He's working on this for some future release (I know because I've provided some assistance with the code).

If you want to edit them yourself now, then you need to take advantage of the fact that mse-set files are simply zipped text files. Rename the set file to .zip and unzip it. Inside you'll find a file called "set" (no extension) which you can open with any text editor. Said file will contain the information included on each card, including the fields that are saved but not visible. Edit those to be what you want, save the file, zip it back up, and rename it to ".mse-set" again. You should now be able to open the file in MSE and see the values you edited in.

Mr. Plauge is correct.

You can find more information on how to edit the MSE-SET directly in this thread: http://www.enworld.org/forum/4e-fan-creations-house-rules/241821-power-card-template-creation.html

Currently, the 4.3 release of my set is slated to be released today or tomorrow with all of the AV items in it.

Since I don't want to hold up this release to get code tweaked, I'm not going to put the changes Black Plauge and myself worked out to edit fields into this release.

Version 4.4 will most likely be a maintenance release which will have this code change, a document on how to edit the fields using MSE, a packaged ZIP file which will have my C# program and some or all of the raw input files I used to build the versions and a few maintenance tweaks to some of the GAME and template files.

Version 5.0 is my next release slated after 4.4 and it is slated to have my next series of templates.

Just keep following this thread, I usually update here.

-- Hirahito

eloquentaction

First Post
Version 4.3 is Released...

I'm releasing version 4.3 of my cards.

This version has all AV items and the AV ritual.

Thanks to TheBouncyPherret (aka EldritchFire) for sending me his Barbarian cards from the Dragon #368. Because he did all the work, I'm adding them into this version of the set as well.

New card count for this version is: 3,197 distinct cards.

As usual, you can find my set in the link in my sig, below.

-- Hirahito

Obryn

Hero
I'm releasing version 4.3 of my cards.

This version has all AV items and the AV ritual.

Thanks to TheBouncyPherret (aka EldritchFire) for sending me his Barbarian cards from the Dragon #368. Because he did all the work, I'm adding them into this version of the set as well.

New card count for this version is: 3,197 distinct cards.

As usual, you can find my set in the link in my sig, below.

-- Hirahito
I downloaded your set for the first time last night, and you completely rock.

Thanks for keeping these so well-updated. It's insanely helpful.

-O

Tancread

Explorer
Amazingly Great Work

-- Hirahito

You guys are amazing. I can't believe you got the Barbarian stuff into this one. Thanks for all the work here, it really is fantastic and sooo helpful especially when I run my game for kids.

ronnaldo

First Post
teensy request

I'm just releasing version 4.2 of my MSE card set today.

This version has the following added in:

* All FRPHB feats, Paragon Feats, Epic Feats, and multiclass feats.
* All FRPHB gods.
* All FRPHB races (Drow and Genasi).
* All FRPHB classes (Swordmage, Spellscarred and the Warlock (Dark) pact).
* All powers for the above classes.
* All FRPHB Regional Benefits.
* All FRPHB Paragon Paths and Epic Paths.
* All FRPHB Rituals.

* All AV weapons.
* All AV armor.
* All AV Alchemy Formulae.
* The AV Alchemy Ritual.
* All AV Alchemy-made Potions.

Basically, I got to about page 55 or so in the AV and had to quit (my eyes were going wonky).

Card count is now up to 2,281 cards.

Version 4.3 will have most or all of the remaining AV items.

As usual, you can find a link to my most current set in my sig, below.

-- Hirahito

I was wondering...could you add the unique items in KOTS and the other "official adventures" the one that comes to mind is Aecris the magical longsword from KOTS

Great job with these by the way...love em

eloquentaction

First Post
News for version 4.4...

Version 4.4 is going to be a maintenance release which will have some code changes, a document on how to edit the fields using MSE, a packaged ZIP file which will have my C# program and some or all of the raw input files I used to build the versions and a few maintenance tweaks to some of the GAME and template files.

It's also been pointed out that the new Alchemy and Rituals don't have a level on them ([cartman] Gahd-damnit! [/cartman]), so they'll be added to the 4.4 release as well.

No clue when the 4.4 release will be going out the door. I'm hoping fairly soon but, since it's a bug fix release, it's always indeterminate on how long it will take to fix some of the things on my list.

After the 4.4 release, I'm going to be building a version 5.0 which will have an Ander-like set in it (both Portrait and landscape).

Thanks to those that have given me kudo's... even though they all seem to assume I'm insane. Hmmmm....

-- Hirahito

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases