Making your own power cards

eloquentaction

First Post
I was wondering...could you add the unique items in KOTS and the other "official adventures" the one that comes to mind is Aecris the magical longsword from KOTS

Great job with these by the way...love em

Problem being - when I DM I *never* use official adventures. I find the characters (especially the power gamers) have already memorized the entire plot-line, NPCs, stats of the mobs, where all the treasure is, etc.

I remember running one adventure where a magic sword was supposedly 'hidden' in a pool in one of the rooms. The player kept making his poor character dive into the pool even when I started giving him hypothermia damage and even though I kept telling him there wasn't anything in the pool.

I swore off of 'canned' adventures from that point on.

So - that being said, I don't have a copy of those adventures to look through and place them items / powers / whatever into my power set. If someone would like to create cards for me and send a mini mse-set, I'll take a look at it and possibly release it with my next version.

Sorry about that.

-- Hirahito

ronnaldo

First Post
Hirahito...no problem if you don't want to add unique items from officially released adventures...i kind of figured out how to make them myself. My group (and myself) are very new to D&D and KOTS is just fine for us :p.

By the way ... your cards are a huge reason we are having so much fun playing the game instead of flip..flip...flip ahh..here it is

Maskhim

First Post
Hi there ! I've been lurking for a while and I think it's about time to thank those whose work I borrowed to enhance my d&d4 experience.

So, thanks Grandpa for your set of powercards, my players are really happy to use them. I followed other's work and even if I chose Grandpa's cards, everyone did a really good job here.

eloquentaction

First Post
Hirahito...no problem if you don't want to add unique items from officially released adventures...i kind of figured out how to make them myself. My group (and myself) are very new to D&D and KOTS is just fine for us :p.

By the way ... your cards are a huge reason we are having so much fun playing the game instead of flip..flip...flip ahh..here it is

Not sure you understood what I was saying...

I don't have a problem adding the cards from the adventures. I'm just not going to go out and buy a product I'd never use to do so.

If someone (like YOURSELF, *cough*) want's to make the cards and send them to me, I'd be happy to add them into the official set for everyone else.

-- Hirahito

Tancread

Explorer
... even though they all seem to assume I'm insane. Hmmmm....

-- Hirahito

I assure you we mean insane in the nicest possible way, not in the get therapy and stop updating kind of way....

Once you have your tools for doing cards I will be happy to try to go through some of the modules and pull out items for you. I don't run them, but I do get them to loot ideas from.

Last edited:

Fedifensor

Explorer
Great job, guys! One question, as I have a game coming up this Sunday - has anyone done a card set that includes the Swordmage powers from the latest Dragon Magazine? I was hoping to retrain into one of the new daily powers from the article.

Grandpa

First Post
...thanks Grandpa for your set of powercards, my players are really happy to use them.
You're super-duper welcome. It's been a pleasure to see them get so much use. If others are lurking and use different sets, I hope they weigh in. Having gone through what I did to make the 1500+ core set cards, I know what an enormous amount of life people like Hiro are putting into their projects and making available to the community, and in a timely manner, no less.

Thanks!

dekarguy

Explorer
After the 4.4 release, I'm going to be building a version 5.0 which will have an Ander-like set in it (both Portrait and landscape).

I can't wait :)

Props to Ander, Hirahito, and everyone who has contributed, these are so much better than writing out powers on cards, or flipping back and forth between 10 different pages in the books. I can't wait for the Ander template for the Hirahito cards

Keep up the good work

defendi

Explorer
Great job, guys! One question, as I have a game coming up this Sunday - has anyone done a card set that includes the Swordmage powers from the latest Dragon Magazine? I was hoping to retrain into one of the new daily powers from the article.

It's really easy to do just one card in one of the MSE sets, if you need to. Find a similar card. Copy it. Paste it. Change the new version.

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases