Making your own power cards

jbear

First Post
Wow this thread is seriously big.

I've made cards for my group but I did it on the Magic Card setting with MSE before this thread exploded/blossomed...

Now looking through I've download many of the beatiful templates people have worked on but I find myself a bit lost

I seem to understand there is a way to take Tintagels template and use it with the MSE, however I extracted those templates into my MSE Archives but it had no effect. Im not sure what I'm meant to do to get these templates added to the MSE list of available ones...

On page 20 or so of this thread Tintagel placed a link to a tutorial video on youtube but thqt video has been supressed.

Does that tutorial exist somewhere else? Can someone IT clued give me a MSE Template installment for Dummies run down of the steps to take? Or if that info has already been answered on this thread and my bleary eyes have missed it can someone post a link...

If anyone can help I'd appreciate it. Cheers.

Son of Meepo

First Post
I've been working on some of the warlock cards using Grandpa's templates (Dark Pact from the FRPG and the Star Pact additions from the Dragon 366 article). If no one else is already working on them, I'd be happy to share once I'm finished.

Rils

Explorer
I've been working on some of the warlock cards using Grandpa's templates (Dark Pact from the FRPG and the Star Pact additions from the Dragon 366 article). If no one else is already working on them, I'd be happy to share once I'm finished.

Please do! Particularly the Star Pact stuff from D366, that'd be awesome!

tecnowraith

First Post
I believe you can export the card as an image.

Then open up MS Word (or Open Office) and load in the proper Avery template (you can download them from their web site).

Then paste the images into the template for printing.

-- Hirahito

That's not what I meant. I mean that I notice in MSE the print preview shows 9 cards per page and was wondering if there Avery style pre-cut pages for 9 card-size sections?

eloquentaction

First Post
That's not what I meant. I mean that I notice in MSE the print preview shows 9 cards per page and was wondering if there Avery style pre-cut pages for 9 card-size sections?

I'd be surprised if Avery didn't have one.

Check out the Avery site and see if they do.

I know for a fact there is a company that makes pre-cut playing card sheets in 8 and 9 per page formats.

I haven't tried messing with MSE to get the cards to print on them yet (though I seriously want to) - it's all a matter of money (and the lack thereof).

-- Hirahito

Son of Meepo

First Post
Here's the first draft of the power cards from the warlock article in Dragon 366. Please send comments, corrects, and suggestions my way.

Attachments

• Dragon 366 Star Warlock Power Cards.pdf
    532.8 KB · Views: 1,128

Ouronos

Explorer
Very Costly Alternative

Greetings...

A very costly alternative does exist. It may not be appropriate (nor cost effective), but it does exist.

FedEx/Kinkos will outsource the creation of specialized pre-cut paper or cardstock to fit the printouts. You would just need to bring them a sample page or two, pay whatever the cost is, and wait the appropriate time.

I am not advocating this alternative; if Avery doesn't have the necessary template, then scissors work fine for me.

Until that time...

Avrus

First Post
As I mentioned previously, my proggy currently splits it via: Information, Powers, Optionals, Items... and something else (which I forget).

I can start doing it this way again - it's just so much easier (for me) to do it as one monolithic MSE-SET.

-- Hirahito

Just some quick feedback as I don't see it mentioned. The Dzokvik template seems to be partially broken for the 4.3 release. With the Dzokvik template, the first 'bubble' has the type of action and that's working. But the second bubble is supposed to be attack type and I believe the third is damage type. That's currently not working.

Am I doing something wrong, or did something change where the template isn't quite right with the new release?

Great card sets by the way. Awesome attention to detail.

misalo1

Explorer
Great Job to every who has uploaded their files.

It has given me the urge to 'create' my own sets. :eek:

Create = 'Borrow' heavily from the thread.

I'd like to thank the people I have 'borrowed' from in advance. ;)

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases