Making your own power cards

There is one thing that can be added to power card sets. It's the Half-Elf racial power Dilettante.

Basicly what you would have to do is take all the at-will powers and

1) Copy them and paste into a new card
2) Change the background to Red
3) Change at-will into encounter
4) Change class attack 1 (name2 part) into Half-Elf Racial Power

of course people can do that individiually for thei own character but having them all ready wouldn't be to bad either. Also the problem (at least with Hirohito set wich I use) is that it will still come up as an at-will, class power at level 1 in the list. Changing it in the zip file is possible but maybe a bit much for some people. I recommend copying/pasting first and looking for the version with the red background so you don't change the original.

Maybe Hirohito has an easier way of doing this with his program, could maybe look up all at-will and auto change the info or something, I'm no programmer.

Ok I decided it wouldn't be to hard for me to do myself so I dit it, made a new small set with all the class at-will powers from PHB and FR (no previews or optionals form Dragon mag). I was wondering if I should also put Dilettante somewhere on the card, maybe have the power name be Dilettante: Eyebite or somewhere along those lines to differiate (sp?) from the original or maybe it's just enough that it says Half-Elf Racial Power at the bottom?

Not sure how to host this small set file so I can Email it to someone that can.

BTW it's using hirohito data

thundershot

Adventurer
Hello guys !

I am a lurker from a while now, and found very inspiring and useful all the job made here. Some of you have donc a great job in enhancing Ander00's basic template, and I wanted to put all this stuff together :
- I mainly work on Ander00 template.
- I use the Parchment background from Relbanan, but I am building a full set where you can choose between plain blank (from Ander00), Parchment, Marble (from praxedes) and Shaded blank (from Ander00) body.
- I found the "marble" header from Praxedes really gorgeous. But plain blank will have simple header for printing facilities.
- The colored action icons from Tintagel are perfect. I used them instead of Ander's ones.
- I use a mix of Range icon from Tintagel and Ander00, and I edited them to color them like action icons.
- I use FrizQuadrata and Morpheus fonts like Tintagel
- The "manual text boxes" are transparent in all modes but Parchment, where I find it more readable to have it white background.

Below is a result of this work, which I'm already happy with.

But I would like to enhance this, and I do not have the proper files to do it.
Please, Praxedes, could you send me
- your templates of full headers (without circle nor text bar) for the different colors (black, red, green, blue, orange, grey, gold)
- create 2 more for silver and iron
- the circles and text bar as separate elements

with all this, I should recreate all the combinations missing.

Please Praxedes, help me !!
Of course, all contributors will be credited as they should be.

While I can't help because I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to these cards, I really really like your update on Ander's... These I could use without any fuss... I hope it works out!

Chris

eloquentaction

First Post
Ok I decided it wouldn't be to hard for me to do myself so I dit it, made a new small set with all the class at-will powers from PHB and FR (no previews or optionals form Dragon mag). I was wondering if I should also put Dilettante somewhere on the card, maybe have the power name be Dilettante: Eyebite or somewhere along those lines to differiate (sp?) from the original or maybe it's just enough that it says Half-Elf Racial Power at the bottom?

Not sure how to host this small set file so I can Email it to someone that can.

BTW it's using hirohito data

Send it to me (my e-mail's on the front page of my site).

I'll see about adding it to the next release.

-- Hirahito

Thindaraiel

First Post
While I can't help because I don't know my ass from a hole in the ground when it comes to these cards, I really really like your update on Ander's... These I could use without any fuss... I hope it works out!

Chris

Thanks for the feedback !
I'm still working on the template, there are few things to tune now.

Already done :
- 4 graphic templates to choose : marble, parchment, shaded, and simple (printer friendly)
- 9 colors : Red, Green, Black ; Orange, Blue, Grey ; Silver, Iron, Gold
- total control on circles and text bar appearance in header, and this for all colors !
- I reorganized the action/range icons shortcuts, and added the items icons from Josiah template. They appear only when you choose "Object" in the class/race field !

Message for Praxedes : forget my previous message, I found how to re-create the missing colors and isolate the graphic elements. Thanks for your previous work, it was really useful !

Things to do :
- cleaning/optimization of game/style text files, in order to make it more readable
- management of language (hey, I'm french and I'd prefer to have french keywords for my cards !)
- write a little conversion tool to make existent sets compatible with the new template
- analysis of Hirahito's template, because if they can be compatible, why not merge all that stuff together ?

I'm already working on language problem. When I've solved it, I will release a first version of the template.

eloquentaction

First Post
Done, it's not much but might save some people time making cards for a Half-Elf

Half-elve's are such a pain in the rear.

Disregard the e-mail I sent you. Your source is obviously the Half-Elf race description.

I'll see about changing these for the next version (even though it's a major pain in the rear).

Obviously, I'll need to look at the Dwarven powers... and any other racial modifiers that change abilities.

* Cries * And all I wanted was to just release my newest 5.0 changes....! (* sobs *)

-- Hirahito

Half-Elfs are the only race that have this kind of a racial trait, it gives them the option to take on at-will power from any class not his own and have it as an encounter power.

There is nothing in the dwarf I see that affects powers in this way.

Remove ads