Making your own power cards

Citan

First Post
Is there some way to take tintangel's templates (which I bought *g*) and apply them to the cards of Hirahito - the most complete set I've seen so far?

tintagel

Explorer
Hey Citan,

You may not need to. I am spending today updating my MSE sets. Also, my powercards have gotten a big update on the usability side. They also now support Labels for attack and effect notes, which can be turned on or off. Almost all icons and default values are now pull-down menus as well.

Look for an update by 5 PM today.

Here is a sample of the Drow cards.

Attachments

• Cloud of Darkness.jpg
    Cloud of Darkness.jpg
    42.1 KB · Views: 308
  • Darkfire.jpg
    Darkfire.jpg
    42.3 KB · Views: 199
  • Darkfire-paragon.jpg
    Darkfire-paragon.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 216
  • Darkfire-epic.jpg
    Darkfire-epic.jpg
    43 KB · Views: 196

eloquentaction

First Post
I thought, since Tintagel has been putting up teasers, I should put up some teasers of my Version 5 Template.

This is only the first draft and even then it's only the Portrait version. Expect the new release in a week or two.

Here are some of the cards...

Note that the BASIC card (the first) is just a redo of Ander's set.

Some highlights so far:

* This template has 9 different types of backgrounds. Each background can be made semi-transparent or full-on.
* This template has 11 different types of headers, each (except plain) can be made transparent or not.
* This template has 6 different types of icon placements (and even the ability to turn icons off)
* There are over 44 built in images including 10 user defined images that can be placed on the background of the card at your discretion.

This gives (not including font and color choices) some 51,030 possible choices for one card.

This template also includes some new colors as well as the old ones: Red, Green, Black, Blue, Iron, Silver, White, Gold, Orange, Purple and Leather as well as the ability to select your own custom colors from a full color palette.

If anyone else has some suggestions for this set, please let me know as it's still in its Alpha stage.

-- Hirahito

Attachments

• MM2_Travelers Feast.jpg
    MM2_Travelers Feast.jpg
    42.7 KB · Views: 199
  • LP1PIC_Darkfire.jpg
    LP1PIC_Darkfire.jpg
    44.5 KB · Views: 221
  • LP1_Masterstroke.jpg
    LP1_Masterstroke.jpg
    28.5 KB · Views: 177
  • LMM_Travelers Feast.jpg
    LMM_Travelers Feast.jpg
    41.6 KB · Views: 229
  • BASIC_Travelers Feast.jpg
    BASIC_Travelers Feast.jpg
    30.8 KB · Views: 254

Jeff Carlsen

Adventurer
Hirahito,

I like the set a lot, though I wish there was a template that looked like Grandpa's cards, though the first sample you gave is close. I like the "pulled out of the book" look.

Possible options:

The ability to put the flavor text at the top of the card, like the power descriptions in the book.

If possible, alternating backgrounds for various parts of each power, again, like in the book.

And, finally, a distinctive greyscale template for printing without color, but where it is easy to tell at a glance if it's an At-Will, Encounter, or Daily power.

tintagel

Explorer
Very nice Eloquenaction! I particularly like the sepia race pics.

Well, my Powercard template is done. Some new features include:

• Support for labels, so you can write your own numbers for attack and damage values - this is optional.
  • Pull-down menus for all icons and for action types, range, and labels
  • streamlined code - tightened things up - removed need for 2 directories
  • New Paragon and Epic variations of all cards, plus 2 misc colors. Total of 11 variations per class.
This new version should make entering the data MUCH faster, but it WILL invalidate some of the information in your existing cards. You will need to manually update some of that content, I am afraid.

However, I have some of the cards already updated, and within the week, I will update all of my MSE files at my website: http://4e.educatedgamer.net to level 30. That way, you shouldn't have to re-enter any data for core PHB classes.

If anyone wants to contribute their efforts to entering other data from newer books, email me: rivera.ga (at) gmail.com

If any EN World member wants a free copy of the template, send me a private message. Of couse, I buying it for $5.99 would go a long way to convincing my wife that I'm not completely insane, just a struggling artist. LOL! Still, for a limited time, I will give it to you guys for free. Look for a video and updates to the MSE files coming soon.

Last edited:

angelus1380

First Post
@ Ander00 - Thanks for making the power set cards... been using them for my wife & I's characters. We enjoy them and look forward to the updates as they come.

Waveblade

First Post
Cards for Rituals from Dragon #366

This thread has been extremely useful to me so I decided to try and do some of my own. Using Grandad's templates I've compiled the new rituals from Dragon #366. I hope these are up to scratch and I might try going through the Adventurer's Vault next.

Attachments

• 366_rituals.pdf
    165.7 KB · Views: 692

Grandpa

First Post
This thread has been extremely useful to me so I decided to try and do some of my own. Using Grandad's templates I've compiled the new rituals from Dragon #366. I hope these are up to scratch and I might try going through the Adventurer's Vault next.
I can't believe how nice these additions are! Thanks for doing these; I've added them to the main post as well.

Remove ads