Making your own power cards

tintagel

Explorer
I'm just popping in to say I've been using Tintagel's cards, and I'm getting a phenomenal response from my players. I had missed printing a few of the powers they needed, and at our last session on Saturday, the ones without their cards were a little upset.

I'm now planning on doing some additions to the set for initiative cards with some quotes from my gaming group to add that special personal touch.
Thanks for the props, Foxdave. I'm working on updating more powers today and might try to get a background for the FR set.
Home (4E Fan Publishing) - click on powercards to the left

Nytmare, I could always use new racial backgrounds for my templates. Jut so you all know, I am giving those away for free since they use copyrighted art. I charge for my other template, but am giving it away to EN World folks for free - just send me a private message.

eloquentaction

First Post
H, I can't get access to your site, google tells me it's restricted.
"See my 4th Edition Site: Here"

P, that's because the site is down. I'm rebuilding it for Version 5.

I'm also seeing about finally putting up the PDF's of at least one of my sets (yes, all 3000+ cards) which is requiring me to find places that will store that much.

Sorry for the hassle.

-- Hirahito

eloquentaction

First Post
Hirahito,

I like the set a lot, though I wish there was a template that looked like Grandpa's cards, though the first sample you gave is close. I like the "pulled out of the book" look.

Possible options:

The ability to put the flavor text at the top of the card, like the power descriptions in the book.

If possible, alternating backgrounds for various parts of each power, again, like in the book.

And, finally, a distinctive greyscale template for printing without color, but where it is easy to tell at a glance if it's an At-Will, Encounter, or Daily power.

Jeff -

Thanks very much for the input!

I've taken a lot of what you're asking for to heart. Version 5 will allow the flavor text at the top or the bottom.

I'm looking into (but can't yet promise) that there will be different background colors / shadings for different sections (the problem is getting the sections to cut themselves to a certain size - I think I have it figured out, but MSE is being difficult).

As far as the black & white - well, I can't promise anything there yet except that I've experimented with a switch that will turn everything B&W. It works, but the results aren't quite what I want yet - so I probably won't implement this.

-- Hirahito

benensky

Explorer
If you can give me a idea of what color and design you'd like the action point/healing surge cards, I'll see what I can manage.

The new card looks great.

The work you do is good. I would leave that up to you. However, if you are stuck and want an ides - make the action points black and white (possibly checkerboard) with an explosion (like what surrounds the word POW in the comics) theme. The healing surge would be best in pink or candy-cane-stripe color and the Red Cross/First Aid theme.

-benensky

Last edited:

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Recent & Upcoming Releases