Making your own power cards

Trolls

First Post
Decided to have a go myself:

powercards.png

One at-will, one encounter and one daily, of varying complexities. I included a picture on the Careful Attack to fill up some space, but couldn't find one for Fey Step.

Hawke

Explorer
Sweet, what program are you using for for those, Trolls?

Also... I searched the thread and couldn't find RandomCitizenX's set to be dropped into the Magic Set Editor. Does anybody have one with all the pregen powers made up? The jpegs look great but I'd be interested in the ease of modifying via MSE. Thanks in advance!

Trolls

First Post
Hawke said:
Sweet, what program are you using for for those, Trolls?

They're made using Paint.NET, taking the backgrounds from the DDM cards and then fiddling with colours and typing up the powers.

FreeXenon

American Male (he/him); INTP ADHD Introverted Geek
Trolls - those are gorgeous. :D

I have one suggestion - putting the power descriptions above the flavor text, that way they are always in the same spot making them easier read and reference instead of having the eyes need to hunt to find the pertinent info from card to card.

FreeXenon

Perhaps also on the first notch on the left, above the Class/Level info, put the color coded Power Source.

Trolls

First Post
FreeXenon said:
Trolls - those are gorgeous. :D

I have one suggestion - putting the power descriptions above the flavor text, that way they are always in the same spot making them easier read and reference instead of having the eyes need to hunt to find the pertinent info from card to card.
Good idea, I've switch them around (see above, no need to display them again).

As for the power source, do you mean the white or brown bit above class/level? I was going to put something like 'Channel Divinity' in the brown one, but thinking about it, that's probably better where the Pact is on the warlock power.
I'll have a fiddle, see what works. Most importantly, which power source should be which colour?

Last edited:

FreeXenon

Trolls said:
As for the power source, do you mean the white or brown bit above class/level? I was going to put something like 'Channel Divinity' in the brown one, but thinking about it, that's probably better where the Pact is on the warlock power.
I'll have a fiddle, see what works. Most importantly, which power source should be which colour?

I was thinking the notch right (notch 1) above Ranger/Attack 1 (notch 2)
I have no idea about colors. Perhaps Black for Martial, Blue for Magic, Red for Divine?

The I like where the Pact/Fey is located (notch 4), This could also be where the Channel:Divinity could be, since these will be mutually exclusive.

Perhaps leaving a standard 2 lines for Power Descriptors?

Very nice job.

Trolls

First Post
3 more:
powercards2.png

Notch 5 as sustain is a good idea. I'll edit that into the warlock card above.

Still trying to get a good look on that colour code for power source. I think it might look best to just go with 'Source' in small white, then 'Martial' etc. beneath, to match with the others.

Hawke

Explorer
I really love these...

I sincerely hope that come June 6th you work on a full set.

I just can't say how impressed I am!

Remove ads

AD6_gamerati_skyscraper

Remove ads

Upcoming Releases