Making your own power cards

DennisB

First Post
This is not the style of cards but the color of the cards, how will this do for standard colors?

At-Will.png

Daily.png

Encounter-1.png

Class.png

Feats.png

MagicItems.png

Race.png

Rituals.png

Skills.png

Now, as far as the skills, there is no way to put 1 entire skill on 1 card so i suggest putting the sub skills on one card.

C_M2008

First Post
I'm going to piece together the first draft of a 'common' GAME file and then throw it up on my site here.

Game developers, please download it and take a look to see if there's anything you think should be changed.

Remember, this is to be generic for all 4E sets going forward so it won't have my strange and non-standard 'Combined' fields and so forth.

-- Hirahito

Awesome, I've been following(if not posting) this thread for a long time and this is an excellent idea. Unfortunately I have zero computer expertise to help such a project, but I wish you the best.

Ouronos

Explorer
Greetings...

I've been a way for a while, and I am very happy with the continuing discussion in this thread.

I noticed the talk about making some type of interface with DDI, and I think that this idea is great... for those that use DDI.

Does this mean that the stand-alone projects are going to cease? I am still hoping for updates including Martial Powers (and all the other wonderful products about to be released), and am hoping that I won't have to get a subscription to DDI just to be able to print out powercards.

(Of course, I use so many house rules that DDI would just be a waste of time for character creation at this point, too.)

Thanks.

Until that time...

Duniagdra

First Post
This is not the style of cards but the color of the cards, how will this do for standard colors?

Now, as far as the skills, there is no way to put 1 entire skill on 1 card so i suggest putting the sub skills on one card.
I'm assuming this was just a sample to start? It's missing Utility, Weapons, and others.;)

eloquentaction

First Post
Greetings...

I've been a way for a while, and I am very happy with the continuing discussion in this thread.

I noticed the talk about making some type of interface with DDI, and I think that this idea is great... for those that use DDI.

Does this mean that the stand-alone projects are going to cease? I am still hoping for updates including Martial Powers (and all the other wonderful products about to be released), and am hoping that I won't have to get a subscription to DDI just to be able to print out powercards.

(Of course, I use so many house rules that DDI would just be a waste of time for character creation at this point, too.)

Thanks.

Until that time...

We're (or at least *I*) am talking about two different projects. They are both posted on this long-ass thread because they both pertain to power cards.

The first project is an attempt to standardize the GAME file used for all (or at least most) of the 4E cards. This would allow us to do the following:
* All MSE 4E cards could share the same data. This means that anyone that made a card template would automatically get the benefit of all the latest cards. It also means that anyone adding new cards (from a Dragon or an ENWorld project) would automatically be adding them into the collective shared pool.
* It also means that, if you decided you didn't like a template, you could switch to a different one and not lose any of your data (hopefully).

It should be noted that this project has nothing whatsoever to do with DnDI.

The OTHER project we've been talking about is the DnDI project. This project basically allows a character created in DnDI to be downloaded, tweaked, printed on whatever PDF's you like, and then allows you to print whatever (customized) MSE Power cards you'd like for that character.

Consider it a new back-end for the DnDI project that incorporates all the work the people at the custom character sheets threads and the people in the custom power cards threads together into one project.

For THIS project, you'll need DnDI. Which, IIRC, is supposed to allow 'custom' data to be entered on the sheet at some near point in the future.

Hope that clears things up a bit.

-- Hirahito

GothicProphet

First Post
First off, I want to say thank you to all of the designers out there! Although, Hirahito, I still haven't seen yours personally but "hear" good things, looking forward to v5 like everyone else! But I had a question for those of you much more versed in MSE than I. I'm adding a few cards (homebrew, MP, and other cards I feel would be useful) to Ander's set, but I can't figure out how to change the "Source" field from a card I've copied, pasted and modified. Can anyone help me?

eloquentaction

First Post
First off, I want to say thank you to all of the designers out there! Although, Hirahito, I still haven't seen yours personally but "hear" good things, looking forward to v5 like everyone else! But I had a question for those of you much more versed in MSE than I. I'm adding a few cards (homebrew, MP, and other cards I feel would be useful) to Ander's set, but I can't figure out how to change the "Source" field from a card I've copied, pasted and modified. Can anyone help me?

Version 5 is getting hacked up to support the new 4E Common Game Project.

I'll most likely put version 4.3 out on my site in the next few days.

Version 5 will still be released, but most likely will get split up into:

* Card set

* Flat Text Reader

* Several (much simpler) card templates released slowly

And, to answer your main question, you can't. Ander's 'Source' field is a hidden field that he does not expose to the main part of the card.

You'd have to go into the MSE-SET card file itself and edit the definition there, I hate to say.

-- Hirahito

Last edited:

DennisB

First Post
Like i said, it was just a starting point. on MSE, what i have been doing for utility is mixing white with the color of the power (Black + White / Red + White) I'm just trying to contribute as much as i can.

Also, I have a template ready (Cleric powers 1-9) and i know everyone has a job, me, i am a stay at home father and i have plenty of time and i have all the 4E books so far released and i want to know what people think of it, but i dont know how to put it (MSE) on here for people to look at it and tell me what they think. So if you want to check it out let me know and i will e-mail it to you to look at. like i said i want to help with the universal card project.

Last edited:

Remove ads